Ports Officer at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana - AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Ports Officer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Ports Handling Unit operations involve documentation, commercial correspondence, commodities classification, customs duties payment, shipping line activities, ports terminal activities, haulage, exports, accounting activities and statutory requirement compliance.
The Ports Officer will be responsible for expediting of customs process of the imports and exports at the ports to support the smooth mining and processing operations at the mines.
- Accountable for team’s environmental obligations and performances.
- Conduct formal meetings with team and report any weaknesses in the environmental procedures.
- Enforce all environmental work procedures that have been issued by the Departmental Manager.
- Investigate all environmental incidents in assigned work areas and prepare reports with recommendations for the Departmental Manager for onward submission to the Environmental Manager or his representative
- Ensure complete set of documents are received from the mines
- Ensure pre-alerts received are used to create the shipment file and followed up with mine sites for the original documents
- Acknowledge and appropriately respond to correspondence associated with shipments and queries
- Classify items in a shipment in line with the requirement of the Harmonized System and Customs Tariff Schedule
- Create the Unique Consignment Reference report (UCR) and Ghana Standards Authority report
- Create the electronic Import Declaration Form (eIDF) using the UCR
- Create Minerals Commission report for all items on the mining list
- Create the Environmental Protection Agency report for all chemical based items
- Prepare Customs Classification and Valuation Report (CCVR) for customs approval
- Prepare Customs Declaration for Duties and other taxes to be paid on the shipments
- Ensure payment of Duties and Taxes at the appropriate bank
- Ensure receipts and payments of shipping line charges for shipments
- Arrange for all necessary documents for Shipping Line releases in the form Delivery Orders
- Arrange for all payments of Terminal Charges (for both Tema Port and K. I. A)
- Arrange for clearing of shipments from the Terminals
- Arrange appropriate vehicles for the transportation of the shipments from the ports to the mine sites
- Ensure compliance of statutory requirements for particular shipments are met for NACOB, EPA, FDA, GSA
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor Degree in a Professional Field of study. Possession of CILT or CIPS certificate will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience preferably in the area of Supply Chain and Logistics
- Experience in clearing and logistics will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate working knowledge in customs, clearing and terminal operations
- Should have a satisfactory oral communication and report writing skills
- Demonstrate good computer literacy
- Should possess good interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of principle and methods for moving goods by air, sea and road
- General exposure to business will be an added advantage
- Experience in safety, health and environment management in the workplace
- Management of resources available for the performance of duties
- Team player: inspiring and motivating others, promoting team work
- Managing self: taking ownership of one’s personal development
- Displaying high levels of ethical and moral uprightness
- Result oriented and display of technical and professional expertise
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 6th April. 2022