Plant Metallurgist at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in a vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Plant Metallurgist – Fixed Term Contract
Grade: Stratum I
Number of Position(s): One (1)
The Plant Metallurgist role is responsible for monitoring metallurgical parameters and providing technical advice to the operational team.
- Conduct weekly conveyor belt cut and weight meter calibration as well as silting test
- Conduct daily tanks profiles (three times) on every shift as well as daily scats rates for all mills, measure ball charge and record results.
- Monitor lime, steel balls and lead nitrate addition to achieve optimum levels.
- Monitor and ensure the smooth performance of oxygen plant, cyanide sparging facility, TAC 1000 cyanide analyzer and WAD cyanide analyzer.
- Control soluble losses exiting the CIL circuit to achieve less than 0.006ppm
- Control leach parameters to achieve solid residue exiting the CIL circuit of less than 0.070g/t
- Supervise daily plant sampling activities in CIL plant and ensure smooth submission to assay laboratory.
- Provide technical advice to both Production and Metallurgical team
- Conduct Gold –In- Circuit (GIC) on the last day of every production month.
- Conduct daily quick sizing on cyclone overflows to determine the instantaneous grind.
- Calibrate handy and online pH and dissolve oxygen meters daily.
- Ensure effective carbon management in CIL tanks to control soluble losses.
- Conduct daily metallurgical accounting inputs and produce daily reports.
- Assist Research & Development team in research and test work projects/reports.
- BSc in Minerals / Materials / Metallurgical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience as a Metallurgist in the processing plant
- Certified by Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission of Ghana as a Processing Supervisor/Engineer
- Competent to handle multiple tasks to achieve the required result
- Effective supervision, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge in computer application especially the use of Microsoft Excel and power point.
- Medically fit for the position and the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving Licence and proficiency to drive light vehicle
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March. 2022