Planning, Logistics and E2E Procurement Manager at Upfield
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Upfield
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Tema
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The role of the Planning, Logistics and E2E Procurement Manager will support the development of a year-on-year buying, logistics and distribution strategic plan and the execution of same to achieve business targets. The role will lead, innovate and manage the portfolio of Logistics and Distribution of strategic initiatives, team project collaboration, and individually lead top priority initiatives as identified.The ideal candidate will have significant experience in prior roles within Strategy and Operations and procurement, leading a variety of strategic initiatives through all phases of a project lifecycle.The candidate should possess capabilities in the areas of problem solving, analytics, business acumen and judgement, team leadership, cross-functional collaboration, facilitation, and program management. Ability to lead initiatives from concept stage through operational implementation and steady state execution.Responsibilities
- Identify and implement value generating continuous improvement initiatives across Supply Chain operations and business.
- Bring in best in class perspective and challenge conventional thinking on strategic initiatives and on-going operational improvement opportunities.
- Lead, either individually or through managing team members or 3rd party resources, business transformation initiatives throughout project lifecycle from strategy through to implementation.
- Establish and monitor ongoing budget, time, value, scope, and quality measures for program delivery and ensure progress against goals via status reporting and other mechanisms.
- Define and work with business stakeholders to track initiative level KPI’s that measure investment value realization.
- Identify and address internal change barriers to ensure adoption and realization of initiative objectives through effective change management capabilities.
- Lead the development and implementation of the procurement strategy
- Act as first point of contact for issues/questions relating to procurement of raw and pack materials and business services
- Handle diverse customer, supplier or operational issues when they arise
- Support the management and maintenance of supplier relationships as well as security of key materials through the development of contingency plans and alternative materials and suppliers
- Prepare information and analysis of the portfolio, including price benchmarking and total cost analysis, to enable proper budgeting, cash forecasting and forecast variance analysis as needed
- Support delivery of cost savings and innovation agenda
- Support the financial analysis of the portfolio, including price benchmarking and total cost analysis
- Establish, maintain, and drive adoption of enterprise-wide program management standards.
- Prepare and facilitate periodic updates on the portfolio of initiatives.
- Transition and augment operations for a full Quality Management System.
Skills, experience and qualifications: –
- Minimum of five (5) years of industry management experience with background in Supply Chain, operations management, and lean manufacturing. Minimum of three (3) years running a variety of cross-functional programs through all phases of a project lifecycle (from envision through steady state execution)
- Must have a background with both strategy and execution and demonstrated results of creative thinking and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience in procurement within the FMCG industry
- Ability to work independently, make sound decisions, and support recommendations through analytical reasoning and effective communication.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation and influencing skills with colleagues and senior level executives.
- Knowledge of best practices and fundamental components of effective Project Management techniques, tools, and processes.
- Ability to easily adapt and lead others through a changing environment.
- Industry experience in Retail/CPG is preferred but not required.
- Working understanding of Domestic and International Logistics as well as multi-tiered distribution operations. Prior experience in logistics design strongly preferred.
What’s Next?If this position sounds interesting to you and you enjoy working in teams, please hit the apply button now!We prefer to receive your application on or before 17th March 2023.As of April 1, 2023 (anticipated date of completion), Upfield Ghana (Manufacturing) Ltd will become a part of the Chanrai Group. As part of the transition to the Chanrai Group, we are looking to fill the role of Planning and Logistics Manager based in the factory in Tema, Ghana.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th April, 2023