Pharmacists / Senior Pharmacists at Noguchi Memorial Institute
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Noguchi Memorial Institute
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research hereby invites internal applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of
• The job role requires conduct of Clinical Trials to stimulate cutting edge research.
• The position is full-time with a commitment to the development and delivery of a pharmacy service for Clinical Trials involving medicinal substances (pharmaceuticals).
• As part of a team, the successful candidate will be expected to provide other pharmacy services including dispensary, procurement, and clinical pharmacy services.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Coordinate, collaborate and provide expertise in support of clinical drug trials.
• Provide accurate and efficient dispensing of medication.
• Provide direct and functional supervision and maintain overall responsibility for pharmacy operations in assigned areas.
• Perform cross-functional duties including those of the Admixture Pharmacist.
• Develop and maintain policies and guidelines for pharmaceutical clinical trials that support and facilitate Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
• Act as research expertise to advise on trial design, procurement of Investigational Medicinal Product (IMP), randomization blinding and documentation for in-house Clinical Trials.
• Maintain communication with research staff, pharmacy, and Principal
Investigator of Clinical Trials.
• Support grantsmanship and collaboration on other researches consistent with the job classification, as required to promote linkage between research and industry.
• Develop and review Clinical Pharmaceutical Trial proposals and liaise with Specialist Clinical Teams to assess potential ethical issues, and feasibility including Pharmacy capability and capacity to support the proposal.
• Submit all Clinical Trial Proposals to the FDA and Research and Ethics Committee.
• Ensure that all pharmacy FDA queries are resolved during the feasibility and study set up phase.
• Support the Principal Investigator of the Clinical Trials in applying for Clinical Trial Authorization.
• Support the Principal Investigator in the maintenance of study site documentation to the standard required by the Clinical Research Organization.
• Liaise with other clinical trial centres to assure standardized practice.
• Support good clinical practice, good manufacturing practice and current national and international regulatory requirements as appropriate.
• Ensure the appropriate and timely authorization and dispensing of IMP as required.
• Provide appropriate advice to clinicians, nursing staff and patients on taking Investigational medical products as per the clinical trial protocol guidelines.
• Facilitate the training of students, clinicians, nursing staff and allied health professionals on good clinical trial conduct and practice liaising with accredited education providers where necessary.
• Attend study site meetings as required including feasibility, set up, initiation and study close out.
• Support the provision of appropriate trial participant counselling in the use of their IMP.
• Maintain a pharmacy binder which contains a study summary, protocol, dispensing procedures, completed samples of required paperwork,
dispensing checklist, billing procedures and any other relevant materials for each investigational trial.
• Maintain and coordinate distribution of an up-to-date University of Ghana clinical investigational drug trials list, as scheduled.
• Maintain temperature monitoring and cold chain of investigational drugs and vaccines.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Candidate must possess BPharm/PharmD and a Master’s degree (MSC/MPH/MPhil) in a relevant area from a recognized university.
• Must be registered with the Pharmacy Council/Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana
• At least three (3) years relevant post-qualification experience, for Pharmacist and at least six (6) years for Senior Pharmacist preferably working in a researchfacility and possessing the requisite knowledge in clinical trials.
• Experience in conducting and managing clinical trials will be an advantage.
• Exceptional team player and communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and flexible working hours.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the
Registrar, University of Ghana, through
[email protected] (Electronic copy only). Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
1. Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
2. An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
3. Copies of relevant educational and/or professional certificates; and,
4. Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked.
The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
a. Professional competence and work output
b. Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility
c. General Contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
d. Interpersonal skills
e. Any other relevant information
Applications should reach:
Closing Date: 30 June, 2023