Partner, Payroll Services at Mastercard Foundation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We are currently in an exciting period at the Mastercard Foundation as we intensify the implementation of the Young Africa Works strategy, aiming to empower 30 million young people throughout Africa to access dignified and fulfilling employment.
To ensure the Foundation’s accessibility to our partners and program participants, we have established offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda. These offices provide strong in-country support for the implementation of Young Africa Works. We collaborate with governments, the private sector, educators, and other funders to enhance the quality of education and vocational training, equip young individuals with the necessary skills for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and facilitate connections between job seekers and meaningful employment opportunities.
Our values serve as our guiding principles, transcending and surpassing all other considerations. We wholeheartedly encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work.
If you are an experienced Payroll Services Professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Lead, Global Payroll Services, the Partner, Payroll services will be responsible for driving the effective and timely execution of payroll processes across the Foundation in Africa. This role is accountable for the integrity and accuracy of payroll and maintains compliance with the Foundation’s policies, government regulations, local labour, and tax reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will be based in any of our offices in Africa (Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Senegal, Nigeria, Rwanda, or Ethiopia.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Coordinate and complete multi-country payroll processing, practices, and programs.
- Liaise with 8 payroll service providers (one for each country in which employees work) for the processing of monthly payroll for employees including shadow payroll for US and African employees.
- Manage and prepare the calculation of wages and deductions to ensure compliance with all applicable tax laws and legislations.
- Ensure systems and processes function correctly, develop and update payroll policy and procedures, contingency plans and recommend process improvements where needed.
- Perform other general payroll activities including audits, reviewing, and reconciling payroll registers and benefit statements, preparing journal entries, etc.
- Ensure any changes in compensation, title, special payments, etc. are accurate and processed promptly.
- Work closely with People & Culture (P&C) to ensure any payroll changes are captured to be processed.
- Ensure payroll service providers are delivering as per contract.
- Ensure all payments, tax filings and government reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure all staff receive their year-end tax statements by the government deadline.
- Develop and/or maintain documentation of all payroll controls and procedures; coordinate and manage the production of all audit deliverables relating to payroll and related systems.
- Liaise with accounting to ensure timely financial reporting and accruals.
- Review and reconcile payroll registers and benefits, including pension statements and prepare journal entries as required; identify risk areas and act to mitigate risk.
- Perform various payroll-related activities to support the business such as audits, review of calculations and processing payments, as well as any additional tasks relating to payroll processing and reporting requirements.
- Ensure all payroll-related accounts are timely and accurately reviewed and reconciled to ensure the integrity of the corporate financial records, including payroll pre-funding accounts.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Accounting, P&C, and other departments within the organization.
- Partner with P&C in aligning and implementing changes and controls leading to best practice operations.
- Partner with P&C to maintain up to date headcount.
- Manage external relationships with payroll service providers.
- Meet each new employee to welcome and confirm bank account, confirm bank account changes via Microsoft Teams.
WHO YOU ARE
- Certified Payroll Professional certification is strongly preferred (CPP), Global Payroll Management Certificate preferred (GPMI) or experience equivalent.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive payroll experience for a global organization, handling multi-country payrolls.
- Knowledge of global mobility policies, practices, and compensation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and thorough knowledge of internal controls.
- Strong critical thinking, financial acumen, and data organization skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make timely, sound decisions and implement agreed-upon solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates initiative to drive results.
- Able to maintain a complete, high level of discretion and confidentiality at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a humble demeanor and impeccable integrity.
- Ability to work independently, and report to a manager that works in another country.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is February 4, 2024.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
For more information and to sign up for the Foundation’s newsletter, please visit http://www.mastercardfdn.org/
Follow the Foundation on Twitter at @MastercardFdn
NB: To avoid missing email communication about your application, please check your spam/junk folder and mark our emails as “not junk”.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th Feb, 2024