Packaging Team Leader at Barry Callebaut Group
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Barry Callebaut Group
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Manufacturing Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Packaging Team Leader is responsible for leading and coordinating the activities of the operators involved in liquor and butter moulding to meet the production objectives in the shift. Take care of online packaging material stock and ensure the packaging area is run in line with operation procedures and give feedback to Shift Supervisors for decision making. The Packaging Team Leader would report directly to the Shift Supervisor.
- Oversee liquor and butter tempering, moulding and packaging.
- Supervise cleaning of the inner and outer parts of the tunnels, mould boxes and dividers.
- Supervise cleaning and disinfection of suction machine head and foot at the start of the shift.
- Ensure high GMP and hygienic standards are maintained at the moulding and packaging station during the shift.
- Print SAP labels and scan pallets or handling units, and the confirmation of works orders in SAP.
- Verifying packed product weight to check for over/under weight and correct accordingly.
- Inspect and clean inline magnets on butter and liquor transfer line to tempering machines; fill the appropriate OPRP records.
- Perform temper index for butter and liquor to confirm degree of tempering during the shift.
- Update team board and lead meeting during GEMBA in the morning.
- Relieve moulding and packaging operators to prevent line stoppages during break.
- Ensure all moulding defects are weighed daily, properly labelled and sent to the rework station.
- Oversee the activities of small cartons production by ensuring that labels are printed with correct date and batch number; sealing machine and metal detector are functioning prior to startup of small cartons, and metal detector OPRP record is correctly filled after examination.
- Ensure all leftover products have correct labels for identification.
- Ensure operators wear the appropriate PPEs and observe all safety regulations in the work area.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the Shift Supervisor.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports company’s Quality and safety Policies.
- A minimum of SSCE or NVTI Grade I or II in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications – MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have basic knowledge in SAP and Poka applications.
- A minimum of 1 year post qualification hands-on relevant working experience.
- Good knowledge in HACCP, GMP and Hygiene, Food Safety Defense.
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Mechanical or Electrical Aptitude with ability to detect faults on the moulding equipment.
- Must have a valid forklift license and ability to operate an electrical machine.
- Critical thinker with strong analytical, problem solving skills.
- Attention to details and a team player.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th Jan. 2022