Packaging Engineer at ABInBev
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: ABInBev
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
To take the Strategic lead for the maintenance function in Packaging and to lead related Strategic Initiatives ensuring corporate governance for equipment and system integrity through the application of and adherence to relevant standards and legislation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage departmental budget / finances
- Lead applicable engineering projects by increasing efficient project planning and execution thereof.
- Provides input into new equipment / upgrade projects
- Ensure conformance to specifications and standards
- Lead the risk management program, encompassing occupational health and safety and risk management
- Ensure legal compliance in engineering and adherence to legal standards/regulations
- Facilitate team problem solving and decision making
- Lead the engineering team in a manner that engenders ownership, empowerment and team interaction
- Lead the development of engineering team goals and ensure these are communicated and understood by team members
- Conduct regular engineering team goal review sessions
- Ensure training need analyses are conducted and training plans developed for team members
- Ensure appropriate competencies are developed in the team, and ensure cross skilling occurs within the engineering team
- Demonstrate conformance to VPO people, management and maintenance pillars
- Ensure safety, healthy & environmental legislation compliance
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards in workshops, artisan work stations and at place or work
- Develop employees
- Ensure a healthy industrial relations climate
- Manage and apply personnel practices
- Maintain system integrity and change control
- Maintain and calibrate packaging mechanical plant and equipment including instrumentation integrity
- Ensure application documented standards
- Develop and update engineering standards through the Zone
- Ensures a high quality of workmanship is attained from the maintenance team
- Plans in place to implement the various maintenance pillar blocks
- Sustain what has been implemented
- Optimise use of planned maintenance system
- Apply formal failure analysis process
- Apply relevant engineering spares strategy
- Manage small site projects
- Manage budgeting process
- Control departmental costs
- Review financial results
- BSc Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical)
- 3-6 months on the job training -desirable but not essential
- Additional business qualification
- 2-3 Years in similar FMCG industry as sectional engineer
- A motivated individual with high levels of resilience and the ability to operate in a high pressure environment Commercial Acumen with strong planning & financial management skills
- Highly developed analytical skills with excellent problem solving capability
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality is non-negotiable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership and management capability.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- An Innovative thinker, persuasive, assertive and a good negotiator
- Ability to set high standards and bring team along to achieve the standard expectation.
- Ability to implement the people business processes to lead, motivate and develop employees
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th Sept. 2021