Organic Composting Specialist at Jospong Group of Companies
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Jospong Group of Companies
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Jospong Group of Companies is the leading organic compost manufacturing in
Ghana. Under the Jospong umbrella we have Accra Compost and Recycling Plant,
Kumasi Compost and Recycling Plant and over 18 Integrated Recycling and Compost Plants and waste transfer/mobile stations sited in all the 16 Regions of Ghana.
This is a skilled position involving the operating, coordinating team leads in the composting processes and maintaining of numerous composting facilities, which requires the production of organic compost to meet global specification. This position would organize and supervise the overall production and application of organic compost.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide technical guidance with the aim to improve the skills of the technical and production team and the capacity of the management team of the compost production units/plants/companies under Jospong group of companies (Processing Cluster)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- Must be fluent in English Language
- Proven supervisory experience especially blue color staff. Position will lead various teams each consisting 20 – 100 people.
- Record keeping, scheduling, following regulations and procedures
- Knowledge of the entire composting process is
- Ability to work flexible schedules
- Must be able to travel throughout the year.
- Must be able to meet physical demands that include but are not limited to ability to sitting or standing for extended periods of time and working in inclement weather.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an agricultural field of study, crop or soil science, or equivalent experience in a composting processing function.
- University Degree in Agriculture/Compost and/or any other related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in compost production and application.
- Very good reporting capabilities in English language and Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Member of a professional body – Bio Scientist or Soil Science or in a related field.
- An Agriculturist or a Soil Scientist or Crop Science.
- Extent and relevance of experience in agriculture/compost.
- Extent and relevance of experience with farmers
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set and achieve goals
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Process improvement and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suit.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Operating and maintaining numerous composting facilities.
- Organize and supervise the overall production and application of compost and dry fertilizers.
- Ability to understand the quality control and laboratory processes, resulting in complainant compost processes.
- Responsible for regulatory permitting and regulations of composting and green waste facilities to meet international standards.
- Conduct a mapping of the current and recent projects and initiatives related to the production and utilization of compost in Ghana
- Conduct a rapid assessment of the current production practices and utilizations of compost.
- The ability assessment to include compost production gap (if any) and potential to fill this gap
- Highlight the potential impacts on the soils and the crops to stakeholders
- To produce an environmental analysis that will investigate, among others, possible adverse environmental impacts from current composting practices in Ghana.
- Explore the potential of the various compost products and expanding composting from agricultural materials including animal manure and crop residues.
- Develop an action plan that will include detailed actions to be implemented in different regions of Ghana and their timeline.
- To establish a national platform/working group among public and private sector agencies and community-based organizations.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants may submit their application and curriculum vitae to under listed email address latest by June, 17 2022: [email protected]
ND: Your email subject line should be …’the job title you are applying for’ Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.