Operator Technician at Guinness
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Guinness
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
GGB PLC operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits. The business is the larger of the brewing businesses in Ghana.
Growth in the Ghana economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a competitive environment.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
GGB PLC is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGB PLC will develop its people and create an environment that attracts and retains the best people. As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time and in full with no errors.
The Operator Technician – Packaging is ideally an individual with engineering experience, who provides uninterrupted packaging services to the user areas. He is also responsible for maintaining machinery on shift in order to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost effective manner. He participates in continuous improvement initiatives such as PIPs in the department. He should own the planning and execution of his training and development
Operate packaging equipment (Fillers, Labellers, Decrater/Recrater, Blow moulder, Decrater/Recrater, Palletizer/Depalletizer), monitor performance of equipment, keep records, perform quality control checks and effect correction, according to the Standard Process Instruction (SPI) and Standard Work Instruction (SWI) to deliver shift targets.
To carry out first line maintenance activities on packaging equipment
• Contribute to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority.transparent as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
• Ensure all aspects of the Food Safety and Quality Management System related to my operation are implemented, supervised, adhered to and ensure corrective actions are taken when vital. • Achieve and report accurately on all KPI’s • Support Packaging Team Lead to achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.
• Deliver the best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules. • Supervise and log accurately, all the vital parameters of the various equipments viz. Temperature, pressure, current, voltage etc.
• Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
• Demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices, and assist colleagues in breakdowns, maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
• Actively pursue training and development on an individual and team basis and participate in competency based training programs and develop positive relationships with colleagues, including contractors.
• Compile and commentate whatever reports are required – either original reports or those generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition monitoring sheets, etc.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• HND/MET III or EET III (Mechanical / Electrical Engineering) or its equivalent
• 3 years experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GGB PLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
• Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
Barriers to Success in Role:
• Lack of personal flexibility to function in a tightly manned manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand. • Poor inclination to pursue training and development on an individual and team basis or to share and apply new skills acquired. • Inability to connect and build positive relationships. • Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda within the business
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th June, 2023