Operations Superintendent at Tullow Oil
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tullow Oil
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
We are looking to hire an Operations Superintendent based out of Accra in Ghana, on a permanent basis.
This role will report directly to the Offshore Installation Manager and will support the operation and maintenance of the facility’s production systems. The individual will have extensive experience as a Production Superintendent, within an FPSO operations environment.
• Responsible for the safe and cost-effective operation and maintenance of the Facility’s production systems with minimal environmental impact in accordance with legislation, class, flag and the Facility Management System.
• To fulfil the risk management requirements by ensuring all risks in production system and associate utilities operation and maintenance are identified and procedures are established and implemented.
• To manage the human resources available to the production group to maintain a flexible and efficient work culture.
• Mentor and train locals to ensure effective knowledge and skills transfer as per TGL localization plan.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Monitor the planned maintenance system to ensure compliance and to report any non-compliances
• In cooperation with other department heads and the OIM, to assist in the preparation of budgets and control expenditures
• Be familiar with the Facility’s production systems and ensure that the Production staff are properly trained in their safe operation and maintenance.
• Maintain accurate records, which shall be readily retrievable and conform to the Facility Management System and ensure that all manuals and drawings are kept up to date.
• Responsible for the timely ordering of stores and spare gear and maintenance of sufficient onboard stock level of certain materials, to ensure that the production facility’s operational capabilities and safety are not jeopardized.
• Is the ‘responsible person’ for all operations in the production department requiring a work permit. Shall ensure that all safety precautions are taken, and that the work is carried out in a safe manner. May appoint Production Supervisor to act as ‘responsible person’ in his place but must inform the duty officer of any appointment made.
• Within the production department he is responsible for ensuring that the Facility Management System procedures are implemented.
• Together with the OIM and other HODs, shall jointly review compliance with the Facility Management System and update the documents to the current condition.
• Write Operational Procedures and Temporary Work Instructions as the need arises to cover processes and projects.
• Communicates closely with the OIM, Maintenance and Marine Superintendents to optimize production and maximize uptime.
• Ensure that all plant start-ups and shutdowns are performed timely and safely in accordance with established procedures.
• Ensure the safe and efficient isolation, de-isolation and reinstatement of all process plant.
• Ensure accurate daily reports are prepared and transmitted at the correct time.
• Perform individual appraisals of production personnel regularly and ensure that training needs are identified and training requirements fulfilled.
• Monitor and support contractors’ activities on the process plant and ensure work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with the Facility Management System. Performing testing of wells.
• In conjunction with Onshore Engineering support, is responsible for pipework condition via corrosion prob readings, ultrasonic thickness checks and iron counts so that it remains in satisfactory condition for operation.
• Has authority to shut down process plant in event of imminent danger. Has authority to sign off process related MSRs.
• Be fully conversant with the Facility Emergency Response Plan and his role within this plan and is always prepared for such eventuality.
• Ensure that he has knowledge of safety requirements, including work permit systems, operational and emergency procedures, Company policy and instructions, and ensure that the Facility’s Production staff are aware of, and understand them.
• Ensure that discharges and emissions resulting from the process facility are within the limits stipulated by the applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensure that controls and monitors to record such discharges and emissions are functioning and that these data are properly reported.
• Communicates closely with the OIM on daily process performance.
• Consults periodically with the Maintenance Superintendent on production facility maintenance.
• Cooperates fully with the OIM to enable the proper recording of required environmental data and implementation of safety programs
Safety and Environmental Critical Activities
• Complies with the Tullow EHS Code of Conduct as described in the EHS Policies, Standards, and the Procedures to always protect people and the environment. • Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
• Complies with the TGL Policy Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and expected training at all times.
• Department Head and Area Authority for the PTW system
• Controlling ESD Operations/Fire and Gas/DCS
A Degree or equivalent in Engineering and/or production qualifications, trade certificate or other relevant qualification.
Skills and Experience:
• Extensive industry experience preferably within the FPSO operations environment of which 5 years in a supervisory capacity in Offshore Operations
• Experience as a Production Superintendent on FPSOs or similar facilities with experience in the maintenance of process equipment.
• Experience with Safety Management Systems and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems preferred.
• High level production and operational skills in national and international roles West Africa experience beneficial.
• Deepwater operational experience, preferably on FPSO is essential
• Operations team leading/management experience
• Strong personal and interpersonal skills, culturally aware with experience of working with a multicultural workforce.
• Working knowledge of the ship classification process and the associated statutory survey requirements.
• Proven capability and experience in leadership and management of third-party contactors and junior team members.
Self-starter who works independently as well as part of a team.
• Acts as change agent to drive innovation and team collaboration
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently and a high level of analytical ability to identify and resolve non-recurring problems.
• Demonstrates high degree of leadership ability, along with the capacity to effectively communicate using good written, verbal, presentation and listening skills.
• Shows evidence of good organization and project planning skills.
• Demonstrates ability to interpret and apply relevant policies and procedures. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
• Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency and minimize time without loss of integrity and present idea(s) to relevant management team.
• Support team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices and lead this as a senior employee.
• Actively participate and/or contribute toward defect elimination/system ownership focus groups, with a view to provide onshore teams with first-hand knowledge of the offshore facility.
• Open, honest & reliable.
• Represent the Company to Contractors and other associates professionally and articulately according to the Tullow Values.
• Able to establish an interactive relationship with the contractors / suppliers to establish a positive Company relationship.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12 Nov. 2021