Operations Procurement Advisor at Tullow Oil
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tullow Oil
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana - Tullow Oil Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint an Operations Procurement Advisor on a permanent basis. The role will be based in Accra, Ghana. The position has a key focus on operational and tactical procurement activity. The individual will be responsible for supporting Tullow’s Transformation Project and supporting the business’ objectives across the full contracting life cycle.
This role would suit an individual who thrives on driving innovation and change. We are looking for a person who will take accountability and responsibility and who works well under pressure.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
- Post award administration requirements and the reporting of contractor performance management.
- Development and implementation of Local Content strategy within the Contractor, Supplier or Vendor base.
- Provide technical procurement expertise on policies, procedures, systems, and standards to assist stakeholders undertaking procurement planning.
- Development, sourcing, and management of strategic decisions.
- Work with business stakeholders to develop and implement innovative procurement and category management strategies to meet specific business needs, manage risk and deliver value for money.
- Provide information and expert technical advice on complex policies, procedures, systems, and standards to business stakeholders.
- Advise stakeholders on appropriate procurement governance and performance management mechanisms to monitor, co-ordinate and improve procurement activity and performance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of capability development initiatives to improve procurement outcomes.
- Proactively identify and address procurement risks and mitigation strategies to meet organizational compliance requirements.
- Develop contracting strategies for non-complex Contracts.
- Aid in facilitating contract strategy workshop sessions.
- Review Specifications and scope of Work for completeness and enable technical functions to translate their requirements into a clearly articulated expression of commercial intent.
- Provides ad-hoc support to User functions on post-award contractual interpretation and administration matters coupled with contract provisions including explanations on processes, penalties, and compliance terms to users.
- Provide ad-hoc support to user functions in support of the contract management process.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, commercial, or related discipline. CIPS certification will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in C&P or commercial focused discipline.
- Knowledgeable in the end to end contracting process, including strategy development, sourcing, contract administration/management.
- Skilled in ensuring the 5-rights of procurement are achieved (quality, quantity, price, place, time).
- Preferable to have oil and gas experience or other relevant industry with substantive exposure to all disciplines and issues within the supply chain.
- Complete understanding of legal and commercial issues within supply chain.
- Experience of negotiating legal/commercial points associated with contract drafting. Liaising with other functional support when required (legal, risk, tax, finance, treasury).
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously prioritizing activity to meet operational demands.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions suppled in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proven capabilities to perform as a team player but equally comfortable working as individual contributor.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
- A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th Feb. 2022