Offshore Technology and Information Specialist at Tullow Oil
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tullow Oil
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana - Tullow Oil Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint an Offshore Technology and Information Specialist on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Accra and Offshore, Ghana. This role is to ensure the efficient delivery of Information systems, Operational Technology, and Industrial Control Systems on the FPSOs Kwame Nkrumah and other offshore facilities. We are looking for an individual with outstanding communication skills as the position will act as the 2nd line support to the user communities and stakeholders within Tullow’s offshore facilities.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
Operational Technology / Industrial Control Systems
- Design, implement and manage FPSO OT technology in line with industry standard and best practice
- Develop, install, and manage interfaces between Operational Technology network interface with Business systems
- Monitor, test and operate to the agreed internal SLA levels of uptime, performance, and availability of all Industrial Control Systems (ICS) infrastructure and systems on the FPSO KNK and any other Offshore facility including but not limited to: Servers, Communications Systems.
- Assist in monitoring the OT/ICS environment for threats and security breaches and test for vulnerabilities according to the Tullow’s ICS cybersecurity policy.
- Prepare reports for all security incidents and changes related to the ICS environment on the FPSO KNK and other offshore facilities.
- Maintains the ICS network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; managing network monitoring systems and remote access solutions.
- Ensures the inventory related to the ICS environment: systems; server space; requests for moves, additions and changes of hardware; server and infrastructure assets for FPSO KNK and any other Offshore facilities are up to date.
- Ensures that all ICS documentation is updated by recording configuration diagrams, creating, and updating existing for documentation for the FPSO KNK and any other Offshore facilities.
- Deliver, support, or perform any other tasks related to the OT/ICS environment that may be assigned by the Operations Support Manager/Information Systems Manager.
- Support OT hardware and software lifecycle management
- Support the deployment and management of other offshore vendor control system
- Monitor, test and operate to the agreed internal SLA levels of uptime, performance, and availability of all IS infrastructure and systems on the FPSO KNK and any other Offshore facility including but not limited to: Servers, Communications Systems; LAN, WAN- VSAT, Radio, Microwave, Fibre, Telecom/Voice and SAT phone systems.
- Ensure that all network installations or upgrades or maintenance activities are planned, according to standards, preparing scope of work documentation for issue to 3rd party service companies for FPSO KNK and any other Offshore facilities.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; managing network monitoring systems and remote access solutions.
- Ensure the inventory related to systems; server space; requests for moves, additions and changes of hardware; server and infrastructure assets for FPSO KNK and any other Offshore facilities are up to date.
- Supports the implementation of IS projects on the FPSO KNK and any other Offshore facilities by taking lead in the implementation of network systems projects, delivering to the documentation and technical specifications.
- Ensure that all network documentation is updated by recording configuration diagrams, creating, and updating existing for documentation for the FPSO KNK and any other Offshore facilities.
- Ensure the continual improvement of field telecoms by performing R&D of new technologies; accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to that add value within the Tullow Infrastructure Environment specifically for field and offshore locations.
- Ensure that Offshore and Field facilities are adequately supported by participating in routine field and offshore site support visits.
- Assisting in the creation of infrastructure related business case submissions for all Field Telecommunication systems.
- Deliver, support, or perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the Operations Support Manager/Information Systems Manager.
Risk & Assurance
- Apply the risk and assurance principles day to day in the prioritization and execution of your role.
- Actively participate in all risk and assurance activities within your department.
- If you are nominated to be your department’s Risk Coordinator, you shall maintain your departments register and champion the process by directly supporting your Head of Department in the establishment and maintenance of your departments Risk and Assurance Culture in line with all the relevant procedures.
- Budgets, contract, and vendor management associated with offshore operations specifically for the FPSOs.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in a Computing or Engineering or Information Technology related discipline
- Extensive post degree work experience of which a previous Oil and Gas Industry and field operation experience.
- A good understanding of Cyber Security standards (IEC, ISO, NIST or equivalent) with a proven experience in securing a computer networks for data and ICS networks.
- Experience in managing and supporting Operational Technology in a production environment.
- A good understanding of FPSO OT/ICS and vendor Control system.
- Networking experience in setting up structured data cabling, setup, and administration of Wireless Access networks, VSAT and Cisco network equipment with certification/ training up to CCNA level or equivalent.
- BOSIET certification is required.
- Proven experience in telecommunication systems.
- Proven experience in delivering and Managing large scale complex and field projects.
- Experience in managing and supporting Dell, Cisco, Microsoft, and other business IS products and services.
- A good understanding of Wide and Local Area Networking.
- A good understanding and experience of V-SAT systems.
- A good understanding of wireless and microwave systems.
- Proficient in installing and management of Windows operating systems, applications, and another computer hardware.
- A good understanding of the application of ITIL (or equivalent) as a methodology for management IT systems, IS service delivery and Support.
- Experience of producing and critiquing technical documentation is essential.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Safety and Operations Management System expectations.
- Experience working with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to manage to tight deadlines and provide operational discipline.
- Ability to work in a collaborate team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and influence third party vendor and service providers.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial, and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons, and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain, and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th Feb. 2022