Offshore EHS Advisor at Tullow Oil
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tullow Oil
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a rotational KNK Offshore EHS Advisor in Ghana, this position is on a permanent basis. The individual will provide EHS advise to the FPSO team and lead the implementation of Tullow’s Safety Management System to ensure the operations are conducted safely and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
- Maintain a high level of visibility at the worksite, to participate, observe and coach personnel on working safely and conducting effective task controls such as Permit to Work and Task Risk Assessments.
- Support in the implementation of applicable EHS Management Systems.
- Provide EHS support and coaching for offshore personnel (core crew and contractors).
- Monitor the environmental aspects register and the environmental commitments register.
- Support the implementation of a waste management strategy and plan.
- Carry out the FPSO safety induction programme.
- Plan and arrange training and exercises for emergency response team.
- Assist the Offshore EHS Lead in safety related matters in day-to-day operations.
- Train and assist new personnel in the Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Carry out weekly site safety inspections with department heads as per site safety inspection programme.
- Carry out work site inspections on a daily basis, including monitoring of compliance with the PTW system.
- Monitor implementation of the FPSO Waste Management Plan.
- Chair monthly general safety meeting.
- Develop and implement proactive safety initiatives and programmes.
- Conduct periodic audits of facilities and equipment to comply with code requirements and identify safety hazards to prevent accidents.
- Co-ordinate safety familiarisation rounds.
- Co-ordinate incident reports.
- Participate in incident investigation as per Incident reporting and investigation analysis (IRIA) procedure.
- Maintain and analyse accident data and recommend proactive solutions to reduce the frequency and severity of accidents.
- Oil and gas industry experience and worked in a similar offshore position.
- Valid (T) BOSIET Certificate.
- Understanding of FPSO Operations and experience in a similar role supporting project activities on offshore installations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish good working relationships.
- Preferable to have previous training in Advanced First Aid/Fire Team.
- Demonstrable skills in MS Office.
- Basic report writing skills.
- Knowledgeable in Risk Assessment process.
- Basic knowledge in incident investigation.
- Knowledge of operational and technical EHS.
- Sound communicator at any level of organization.
- Planner, goal setter, service oriented and self-driven.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental or a related discipline plus NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8 Jan. 2022