Officer – Rehabilitation at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Officer – Rehabilitation
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
The role holder will be accountable for coordinating equipment contractor for rehabilitation and implementation of mine closure and rehabilitation plans on the ground to carry out progressive rehabilitation in accordance with relevant regulations
- Implement programmes directed towards compliance of regulatory requirements
- Implement mine rehabilitation plan that aim at addressing progressive rehabilitation
- Introduce agroforestry into the mine rehabilitation programme
- Implement mine closure plan that includes identification and assessment of risks associated with rehabilitation and closure.
- Set rehabilitation objectives and targets as well as establishment of management programme to achieve set targets.
- Conduct internal audits to track conformance to rehabilitation plan.
- Undertake short term planning as a pathway to the implementation of key environmental strategies.
- Update Standard Operational Procedure for implementation of AGA Management Standard on rehabilitation
- Periodic review of the mine rehabilitation programme for its continuous suitability and appropriateness
- Conduct heavy metal analysis in soil and plant tissues at reclaimed sites.
- Undertake care and maintenance of rehabilitated sites
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or Natural Resources Management or related field
- At least 2 years rehabilitation experience and working in the mining or extractive industry or construction industry respectively.
- Health, Safety and Environment Officer Certificate of Competency from Minerals Commission
- Proven knowledge of GIS database management.
- Knowledge of Ghanaian Environmental Regulations and Mining & Mineral Laws and other Legislative Instruments.
- Thorough understanding of Environmental Management Systems and Reclamation Bond.
- Competent in MS Office software and data management.
- Strong presentation, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Must possess very strong good human relations skills and ability to interact with people of diverse culture and value
- Medically fitness for the position and the environment.
- Possess valid driver’s licence and proficiency in driving light vehicle
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3 Sept. 2021