Officer, Finance Operations at KPMG Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: KPMG Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• The role holder will provide financial management services of the organisation ensuring financial targets are achieved and manage the flawless delivery of Finance operations of the organisation, consisting of accounting, budgeting, internal and statutory reporting, elements of tax and cost management. He / she will implement and drive strong financial and controls discipline ensuring that the organisation is well managed and its funding is in line with relevant regulations.
• The role holder will also coordinate the planning cycle working closely to ensure adequate financial information are made available to the ministry of finance, parliament and relevant agencies funding the organisation; and shall comply strictly with the public financial management act, 2016 (Act 921) related to funding support for capital expenditure and or working capital.
Management Information & Reporting:
• Ensure the maintenance of financial records of organisation ensuring fiscal, accounting and best standard practice are met
• Preparation and management of periodic financial reporting and forecasting and variance explanations.
• Anticipate potential sources of impact on business targets and proactively define response and action plan and implement them in coordination with the Director, Finance and Directors of the organisation.
Financial Control, Management And Statutory Compliance
• Ensure compliance with all financial, regulatory and accounting requirements including reporting.
• Ensure review of all balances and ensure that adequate reconciliations completed and available.
• Develop and maintain systems of internal controls liaising with Management and internal audit unit.
• Supervise and ensure the generation of annual budgets for the organisation together with medium term plans.
• Ensure that all reporting, audit and filing requirement deadlines are met whether to internal or external stakeholders. This includes (not limited to) all financial audits, statutory, internal, etc.
• Management and support of internal and external audits
Process Improvement And Efficient Operations
• Lead and oversee the establishment and running of financial/accounting systems, inclusive of policies, procedures and practices
• Actively participate in initiatives that drive organisational and performance (Including systems) improvements support
• Drives excellence and minimize value leakage
• Supervise, guide and develop the Finance team ensuring continued development and progression of employees
• Manage teams career development and training
• The financial management of TGL and its licence interests.
Skills & Competency Requirements
• Very strong financial reporting and audit preparation experience
• Knowledge of and experience with International Financial Reporting standards is an advantage.
• Experience in planning, execution, negotiating, and change management is a plus.
• Experience with and working knowledge of an ERP system
• Knowledge of and experience with budgeting, accounting and cost control.
• Experience of partnering with the technical and operations side of a business
• Demonstrable leadership qualities to successfully lead a team with varying levels of experience.
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously
• A practical approach to problem solving and dealing with diverse business drivers and variables with limited information
• Strong networking and monitoring skills
• Good negotiation and advocacy skills
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, diverse environment
• A minimum of nine (9) years post-Bachelor’s relevant work experience of which three (3) years must be in a senior financial management position.
• A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Taxation, Management or any other relevant field.
• Chartered accountant and membership of a relevant professional body (ACCA; CA, CIMA)
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly send your application with a detailed CV with the subject line “Senior Manager Finance” to:
Closing Date: 18 November, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted