Network/Systems Administrator at University of Ghana Computing Systems
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: University of Ghana Computing Systems
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
JOB TITLE Network/Systems Administrator
UNIT Information Technology General
REPORTS TO CITO or his representative
• The Network /Systems Adminstrator reports to the CITO or his representative and is responsible for identifying the requirements of the specific needs of the college/unit and ensuring all IT services are provided in a timely manner to support the specific unit in line with UG’s vision and mission based on UGCS standard operating procedures.
Key responsibilities include, among others, to:
Have oversight responsibility under the auspices of UGCS for the college/unit in the area of ICT planning and management. These include:
• Provides leadership at the unit in all areas of IT needs and works with the central IT managers to ensure alignment of UGCS IT services for UG.
• Providing leadership for other IT staff within the college/unit for their performance, quality, efficiency, and collaborate with the IT managers across UGCS.
• Recommend innovative approaches to providing relevant IT services to the college/unit.
• Ensure compliance of IT policies, procedures, and standards
• Organize IT resources around the execution of business objectives.
• Coordinate with other departments/teams in order to understand and meet the business systems requirements of the college/unit.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning to the unit.
• Help develop and supervise the implementation of staff workplans for constituent schools.
• Perform staff performance appraisals and any other assignment by the CITO or the Provost
Qualification Required & Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
• A good first degree in a Computer Engineering/Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or any other relevant areas
• A master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Telecommunication Engineering, Data Communication and Networks or related field.
• Relevant advanced professional level qualification or industry skill-based certification.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in various areas of service configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, and user support.
• Ability to communicate concepts and processes clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
• Ability to plan, design and maintain working configurations.
• Upholding high ethical and moral standards.
• Ability to coordinate and work with teams. Appreciation of IP Protocols and internetworking of IP and Data Networks is an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the
University of Ghana, through
[email protected] (Electronic copy only)
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
1. Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
2. An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
3. Copies of relevant educational and/or professional certificates; and,
4. Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked.
The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
a. Professional competence and work output
b. Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility
c. General Contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
d. Interpersonal skills
e. Any other relevant information
Applications should reach:
Closing Date: 30 June, 2023