Network Operation Center Engineer, SOLV Ghana at Standard Chartered Bank
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana - Standard Chartered Bank Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Production Support Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Technology Lead/ Chief Technology Officer in the building of a full technology stack, management of the production/test environment(s), management of the technology operations (DevOps, Change Management) and manage vendor / fintech engagements for multi-market multi-anchor SaaS SOLV Ghana platform.
- Support the Technology Lead/ Chief Technology Officer in driving the technical vision, strategy, direction of SOLV Ghana.
- Work with the Technology Lead/ Chief Technology Officer, and partners on the technology build, vendor engineering engagements, etc to help deliver features and capabilities aligned to the business model of SOLV Ghana.
- Monitor the stability of SOLV Ghana’s infrastructure with various tools.
- Handle incident response, troubleshooting and fix for various servers/services. Handle escalations as per policies/procedures.
- Get different internal groups together to resolve production issues effectively. Communicate clearly on tickets, phone calls made to the teams about various issues. Exhibit a sense of urgency to resolve issues.
- Ensure SLAs and Operational standards are met.
- Coordinate with different internal groups to resolve recurrent problems, alerts, and follow- up on escalated issues.
- Contribute to operations runbook.
- Ensure smooth handoffs between shifts.
People & Talent
- Support the development of an appropriate culture that upholds the values of SOLV Ghana. Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders to anticipate horizon risks that may have a significant impact on the Ventures Technology and help develop effective strategies to mitigate such risks.
- Attend relevant meetings and provide relevant reports to Senior Management and Governance/ Risk committees for the area of responsibility.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Support the achievement within SOLV Ghana, the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Global Technology Team
- Other Tech Heads
- 3rd party Vendors
- Exemplify Here for good and Group’s brand and values in SOLV Ghana; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of a First Degree required.
- 2+ years’ experience in NOC support required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure to restore services.
- Ability to manage incidents independently as well as work collaboratively with a local, regional, and global teams.
- Confidence to push back and say No when expectations are not aligned with the correct/agreed/sold solution.
- Ability to flick between break/fix, and proactive task projects.
- Working knowledge of ITSM, JIRA.
- Good understanding of cloud technologies IT Infra, like- AWS, Azure
- Ability to monitor in windows such as CPU, RAM, disk space and addition IIS webserver. Making documentation for SOP and worked on SOP for different area. Ensure that all systems uptime at 100% percent. Monitoring different monitoring tools at the same time.
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to learn new concepts and technologies and apply them.
- Strong attitude to take ownership and responsibility for the production servers/services. Linux: Good knowledge of Linux systems
- AWS: Good knowledge of AWS services EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, IAM. Good to have any scripting knowledge
- Fundamentals: Basic Networking & Security, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, Application Protocols: SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, SFTP
- Experience in monitoring and system management of critical real-time applications Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of commerce platform
- Strong communicator with the ability to describe complex technical issues to business users, both verbally and written.
- Excellent command of English language with good verbal and written comms skills.
Role Specific Competencies
- Communicating Complex Concepts
- Analytical Thinking
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies
- Network and Internet Security
- Software Security Assurance
- Industry Knowledge
- Enterprise Operational Risk
- Manage Change
- Manage Projects
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th Nov, 2022