National Project Personnel – Administration (FFF) at Food and Agriculture Organization
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Food and Agriculture Organization
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through the FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems,
for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind. The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region.
The Forest and Farm Facility (FFF) Phase II is funded under Project GCP/GLO/931/MUL from 2018 to 2025. The FFF is a partnership among FAO, IIED, IUCN and AgriCord. It has a proven, cost-effective, demand-driven delivery mechanism that has already reached more than 900 Forest and Farm Producer Organizations (FFPOs) in 10 partner countries. From 2018, FFF has significantly increased the scale and range of its impacts by building on its past support to FFPOs and governments. This will strengthen the capacity of forest and farm producers and their organizations, deepen engagement in innovative cross-sectoral processes in government, and increase the delivery of landscape-scale climate response. All this are underpinned by more inclusive and sustainable economic opportunities, increasing returns to FFPOs, while opening opportunities for improved social and cultural services for the rural poor. A key focus lies on the important role of women in forest landscapes and value chains and on enhancing gender equality within producer organizations.
The National Project Personnel reports to and Forest and Farm Facility Manager through the Country Coach, will provide direct day-to-day technical supervision of the Project Support and Admin Officer.
Lead and coordinate the support and administrative functions of the Forest and Farm Facility implementation in Ghana, ensure the smooth flow of administrative and support work of FFF and its partners activities in compliance with FFF operational manuals/requirements and FAO policies, procedures and practices and provide procedural guidance to the FFF and partners technical staff.
Tasks And Responsibilities
The incumbent will undertake the following specific tasks:
- Provide support in the issuing of annual call for proposals and selection processes including assessment of proposals and onsite admin and finance assessment of selected applicants;
- Provide lead support in coordination with FFF HQ admin for the preparation and signing of FFF Ghana Letter of Agreements (LoAs) and Direct Beneficiary Grants (DBGs) in accordance with the DBGs and LOA manuals and follow up on implementation and monitoring, using the FFF-LoA/DBGs package based on FAO standards;
- Provide guidance and supervision to FFF partners to comply with the administrative procedures of FFF and LOA/DBGs reporting requirements;
- Regularly update FFF monitoring system FORIS with all country LoAs/DBGs, their progress on reporting, payments, closure, etc.
- Undertake onsite administrative and finance monitoring and verification of partners records in support of the FFF Ghana organizational capacity development for FFPOs and in compliance with the LOA/DBGs and FAO standards;
- Support review FFF partners financial reports in line with FFF financial monitoring requirements and make recommendations for financial clearances to FFF HQ;
- Support the management and administration of financial records and monitoring systems for the FFF in Ghana;
- Verify and monitor partners expenses against budget and eligible cost as part of review of progress and final reports;
- Support National Facilitator to monitor country budget and lead FFF procurement request processes in compliance with FAO rules;
- Verify and ensure that FFF operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent;
- Maintain detailed records of budget estimates and participate in the consolidation of annual country budgets;
- Monitor and verify the receipts of partner contributions in relation to DBGs/LOA in Ghana;
- Make administrative arrangements for the FFF Ghana activities including local and international travels;
- Organize and coordinate meetings, workshops and trainings under the FFF Project
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in business, admin, management
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in admin/financial monitoring, LOAs/DBGs development and implementation.
- Working knowledge of English
- National of the country
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in LOAs and DBGs
- Extent and relevance of experience in administrative rules and procedures
- Extent and relevance of experience in admin/financial monitoring
- Familiarity with FAO admin and financial policies and procedures
- Preferably online screening (CV assessment only)
- Experience working with the UN system and/or international NGOs
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th Feb, 2024