National Assistant at Palladium
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Palladium
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected] and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
National Assistant for Ghana Jobs for Economic Transformation (JET)
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is seeking a National Assistant for the Jobs for Economic Transformation in Ghana (JET) Programme, funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The programme is FCDO Ghana’s flagship investment-led job creation programme that will help Ghana transition away from aid dependence in line with the GoG “Ghana beyond Aid” strategy. It seeks to leverage increased investments into the pharmaceutical, automotive and textile & garment sectors, and introduce new technology and management capabilities, increasing the capabilities of the workforce generating formal employment and economic diversification.
The Textile & Garment National Assistant acts as the central point of contact for the implementation of activities within the Textile & Garment sector. The assistant will liaise with the Sector Lead, Deputy Team Lead and Team Leader to represent the programme with a range of Ghanaian partners, government stakeholders and Textile & Garment suppliers & manufacturers. S/He will be in charge of monitoring the programme’s activities, and support the team of short-term consultants, as well as Palladium corporate and project staffs.
Duration: 50 Days
Assisting Sector Lead
- Support the Sector Lead in the delivery of effective systems for learning, adaptive management and delivering impact and value for money, ensuring the programme delivers on its ambitious payment-by-results targets.
- Be accountable for the successful delivery of the programme’s Textile & Garment deliverables and milestones, assisting the in-house team and external consultants and contributors to meet Palladium’s high standards.
- Assist with periodic team meetings with Palladium staffs, Ghanaian private sector associations, government representatives, investors as well as with FCDO.
- Ensure compliance with all of Palladium and FCDO contractual procedures and best-practices (e.g. financial management, due diligence and supply chain management and safeguarding).
- Work hand-in-glove with the Sector Leader and Team Leader, the Programme Director and the Programme Management Team to deliver to the agreed time, cost and quality expectations and hit all of our performance targets.
- Maintain up to date project logs and registers, work to resolve issues, manages and mitigates risks and escalate material issues and risks as appropriately to the Sector Lead and Team Leader, the Programme Director and Client.
Technical and Strategic Assistance
- Under the supervision of the Sector lead and Team Leader, the Textile & Garment Assistant will support the execution of sector mapped out activities with an impact and results-driven focus that will deliver the programmes ambitious investment and jobs targets.
- Support in following up on the outlined investment strategy and investment deals being supported by the programme in the Textile & Garment sector.
- Assist with textile investment readiness activities, including managing projects of short-term consultants to develop a business case, and ensure communication around it to potential investors.
- Assist in executing the planned Textile & Garment sector engagement strategies for integrating Ghanaian MSMEs into the global economy.
- Follow-up on close collaboration with GoG, notably MOTI and monitor ongoing short term technical assistance on government led initiatives, such as policy papers on the development of the industry or/and setting up Textile and Garment Industrial Parks.
- Build good working relationships with the programme’s contact points in the GoG, national agencies, FCDO, Textile & Garment sector institutions and firms.
- Support to create the space for the programme to not only exist, but thrive, through proactive senior-level stakeholder engagement and partnerships, focusing on genuine co-creation with the GoG.
- Engage with local suppliers & manufacturers to develop communication channel with them and ensure participation in the programme’s activities.
- Engage with sector stakeholders and develop communication strategy, creating new opportunities for the programme to capitalise on and disseminating success stories among the investor community.
- Capable of managing programmatic relationships with high level stakeholders from government, civil society and donors.
- Experience in supporting a team in delivering results and contributing to positive impact (i.e., economic, social and environmental) with a passion for achieving business and development outcomes.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in assistant management role or relevant investment-focused employment with a minimum of degree-level education in a relevant subject area.
- Has the capability and motivation to help this programme succeed.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th March. 2022