Motor Rewinding Technician at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana - Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Motor Rewinding Technician.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Motor Rewinding Technician reports to the Electrical Supervisor – Surface and is accountable for mine-wide low and medium voltage rotating machinery overhaul and maintenance, motors rewinding, big drive motors annual maintenance, in a safe and compliant manner as instructed during refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Surface Electrical & Instrumentation infrastructure.
- Work in compliance with the requirement of government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his/her own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan.
- Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of the assigned job.
- Must correct, or report to their Supervisor, any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management.
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding electrical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Attend development and performance improvement training as required
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
- Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
- Recognize any machine, equipment or crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Carry out work cost effectively
- Operate all equipment within the safe working environment.
- Stop equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be use
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Electrical Engineering Technician Certificate Part I
Certificate of successful completion of respected electrical or electro-mechanical trade apprenticeship (example: City and Guilds)
- Five (5) years of experience of post-apprenticeship work in an electrical trade.
- Familiarity with Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation.
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in mechanical trade
- Knowledge in crane safe operation