Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist at World Vision
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to ensure the collection of quality M&E data in the THRIVE 2030 program. He/She will lead the development and implementation of the overall framework for grant M&E in accordance to the design document, donor requirements and M&E Plan. The person will develop, pre-test and adopt data collection tools, database and M&E System. The specialist will lead in Impact Evaluations to ensure the achievement of milestones set for priority indicators in the project Performance Framework and additional indicators at different levels of M&E, coherent with the Grant approved proposal. The role’s support is to achieve accountability, transparency and programme quality in project locations.
Data Collection and Management
- Establish and roll out community-based M&E system
- Detailed tracking of participating households
- Assist in the development and implementation of data collection tools and methodologies.
- Collect, verify, and maintain accurate data related to program activities, participants and outcomes.
- Gather relevant and reliable project performance data based on agreed data collection tools, monitors and understands projects outcomes, outputs and process indicators.
- Organize and maintain a structured database to store and manage program data efficiently in alignment to the Program results framework/business.
- Quality assurance and utilization of data at field level
- Regularly monitor program activities to ensure they are aligned with the project plan and objectives.
- Provide support for the baseline and endline evaluations and all other evaluations.
- Collaborate with program staff to collect data on program progress, challenges, and successes ensuring the quality of project data is collected and guidance provided
- Assist in the preparation of regular and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support THRIVE 2030 Program Manager in reviewing progress reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time.
- Provide leadership in the management of information management system.
- Support community review meetings
Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Support in the analysis of collected data to identify trends, patterns, and insights.
- Help in interpreting data to assess program impact and suggest improvements.
- Contribute to the development of data-driven recommendations for program enhancements.
- Lead in the preparation of project-related reports (monthly & quarterly), presentations, stories, publications and other technical reports in all type of media
- Ensure that all data in Horizon, OIOS and other databases are timely updated
- Capacity building of stakeholders on BSL (S4T, LVCD,FAST,EWV) and BSL volunteers and PIU leaders in data management including digitization
- Provide training and guidance to program staff and partners on data collection, monitoring, and evaluation best practices.
- Foster a culture of accountability and learning within the organization.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within project field teams.
Stakeholder Engagement & Resource Acquisition
- Collaborate closely with program managers, coordinators, and external partners to ensure data collection and reporting are aligned with program objectives.
- Participate in meetings and workshops to share findings and insights from monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Ensure standardization of M&E tools and methodologies across implementing partners
- Provide accurate data for proposal writing
- Actively participation in proposal writing development with the RAM team
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Statistics, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation, Social Science with strong computer background. A Professional certificate in M&E and Project Management will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ experience in data base development and management
- Ability to builds and maintain effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Good proficiency in developing and managing databases in an NGO setting
- Good level of proficiency in qualitative and quantitative DATA analysis using statistical packages including SPSS, ODK and Advanced Excel
- Strong written communication skills.
- Willingness to work long hours when required
- Self-motivated, innovative, and able to work under pressure
- Strong drafting and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak English and other Malawian vernacular languages fluently
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Motor cycle rider with a clean riding licence
- Working in a cross-cultural environment
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th Jan, 2024