Monitoring & Evaluation Manager at The Luminos Fund
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: The Luminos Fund
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Luminos Fund, an international non-profit bringing education opportunities to the world’s most vulnerable children, seeks a Monitoring & Evaluation Manager to contribute to its rapid growth and expansion. This hands-on role will work with Luminos’ country teams and implementing partners to build capacity in data management. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional data collection, verification, cleaning, and analysis skills, along with a flair for training and coaching. Experience working in a nonprofit organization is not required, but a commitment to mastering the technical details of international education and a passion for driving transformative results for children are essential.
This full-time position will report to an Associate Director of Programs and require up to 50% travel to challenging contexts in Africa and the Middle East. The role can be based in one of our offices in Addis Ababa, Accra, Banjul, or Monrovia, or elsewhere in the GMT +0 to +3 time zones and with good flight connections to our offices in Africa.
ABOUT THE LUMINOS FUND
The Luminos Fund (www.luminosfund.org) provides transformative education programs to thousands of out-of-school children, helping them to catch up to grade level, reintegrate into government schools, and prepare for lifelong learning. Working in partnership with community-based organizations, Luminos is scaling up its accelerated learning program to ensure all children have equal access to joyful, foundational learning, especially those shut out of education by crisis, poverty, or discrimination. To date, Luminos has helped over 218,541 children secure a second chance to learn. A registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, Luminos works in Ethiopia, Ghana, Lebanon, Liberia, and The Gambia.
Luminos is supported by a range of funding partners, including Cartier Philanthropy, Dubai Cares, Legatum, and UBS Optimus Foundation. Luminos has been recognized for its achievements globally, receiving the 2022 Klaus J. Jacobs Best Practice Prize, the Library of Congress International Literacy Award, the Lipman Family Prize, the WISE Award, and the HundrED Global Innovation Award for the last six years.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver training on data management to Luminos country teams, partners, and teachers to ensure data integrity across projects.
- Provide hands-on coaching to Luminos country teams and partners on data collection, verification, cleaning, and analysis.
- Tailor training and coaching approaches to diverse settings, including audiences who use paper-based tools and have no experience with or access to technology.
- Refine existing data management practices and institute new processes to support program data collection.
- Identify and pilot creative ways to collect relevant, timely, accurate, and complete program data in low-resource and low-technology settings.
- Collaborate with Luminos country teams and partners to drive smooth data collection and review processes.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support the development of project monitoring and evaluation plans, including the theories of change, selection and measurement of key indicators, data collection and management processes, and reporting procedures.
- Provide input into the design and implementation of external evaluations, such as EGRA/EGMA and randomized controlled trials.
- Ensure lessons learned are integrated into the projects and shared with relevant stakeholders across Luminos.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. At least one degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, or a related field.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with increasing levels of responsibility, including experience in training and coaching on data management tools and processes.
- Proficient in data collection, verification, cleaning, and analysis with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and other data management tools (e.g., ODK).
- Thorough understanding of basic statistical methods (e.g., hypothesis testing, linear regression, logistic regression).
- Experience in a startup environment, and building something from nothing, is strongly desired.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Belief and demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and values of the Luminos Fund.
- Impeccable integrity and a can-do attitude.
- Readiness to problem solve creatively on a myriad of fronts and go above and beyond to deliver optimum success.
- Natural affinity for technology and a love of data.
- Team player, with a belief in the power of positivity and appreciative inquiry.
- Passion for unlocking the very best from diverse constituents, partners, and colleagues.
- Innate sense of responsibility for delivery of quality work, even in adverse circumstances.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently in challenging international contexts.
- Belief that success lies in the details.
The Luminos Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th April, 2023