Mine Engineer III – Medium Term Planning at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
To perform a variety of engineering duties in the development, modification or adaptation of established systems, processes and/or project plans.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Prepare, review and evaluate mine design, mine plans, ore control, project feasibility and productivity studies
- Perform cash flow analysis and financial modelling.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers.
- Assist with the development of new mine planning tools.
- Maintain tools required for short and medium-term planning.
- Plan and perform Mine Engineering duties related to Mine Production and Development.
- Develop practical mining plans based on all available geological information to support medium-term and long-term Mine Planning and Production goals.
- Plan, organise and coordinate surveys, tests or investigations through the collection of data points.
- Generate and develop pit/waste dump designs; blast designs and processing plans.
- Prepare plans for mines, including pits and haul roads for Open Pit operations, using CAD and Mine Planning Software.
- Prepare the layout of the Mine and its’ subsequent development, as well as the manner in which the ore is to be mined.
- Prepare reserve estimate figures.
Mine Analyses and Investigations
- Screen mine assignments for unusual and/or challenging problems and select techniques and procedures to be applied to non-routine work.
- Conduct detailed analyses on the following:
- equipment productivities.
- equipment studies.
- improvement studies.
- model reconciliation.
- mine plan reconciliations.
- blast designs.
- Interpret the results arising out of the surveys, tests or investigations and prepare recommendations.
- Contribute to the assessment of manpower, capital and equipment requirements to meet objectives.
- Participate in engineering feasibility studies to define:
- proper mining methods.
- equipment selections.
- mine site facilities.
- capital and operating costs.
- manpower and product requirements.
Mine Operational Delivery
- Generate short term (i.e. weekly and monthly) production schedules and budgets.
- Apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Oversee the construction of the mine and the installation of all necessary plant and equipment.
- Lead the implementation of cutting edge processes and safety practices.
- Contribute to maximum productivity and extraction rates through the utilisation of the latest and advanced mining methods, procedures and equipment.
- Present executive summaries and cost estimates to senior staff for review.
- Play a leading role in improving operational efficiency and quality and controlling production costs at all stages of the Life of Mine cycle.
- Work cooperatively with other departments, project managers, supply chain and Mine management to optimise production, reduce costs, solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Provide troubleshooting support to improve operational efficiencies.
- Make minor adaptations and/or modifications to established engineering plans and systems.
- Lead and collaborate with the mine build team to ensure projects are completed according to set timelines and budgets and high-quality standards.
- Consult with Geologists and other Engineers regarding the design, selection and provision of machines,facilities and systems for mining.
- Supervise contractors, negotiate variations and remedial works, assure and control quality, measure work done and approve mine works.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Mine Engineering.
- Mine Foreman Certificate of Competency.
- Advanced proficiency in MineSight 3D software.
- Proficiency in cost modelling software e.g. Xeras.
- Minimum of 4 – 7 years’ experience in a large Open Pit Mining environment.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), MS Project, Programming, Coding and Application Software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Ability to visualise three-dimensional (3D) layouts.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a wide variety of personnel.
- Ability to plan and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job;
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the office is not inexcess of 85 decibels. Incumbent is however occasionally exposed to noise, fumes, high temperatures, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, unpaved pathways, pinch-points, extreme vibration, excavators and drilling rigs, slippery surfaces at the mine site.
- Incumbent is based primarily in an office-based environment, which requires a continuous need for a high degree of concentration when dealing with numbers, scheduling, mine plan generations and mine designs.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th Oct. 2021