Micro Analyst at Guinness
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Guinness
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits. The business is the largest of the brewing businesses in Ghana holding circa 75% market share.
Growth in the Ghana economy is encouraged to continue at mid to high single digit in a driven environment.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
GGBL is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGBL will develop its people and build an environment that attracts and retains the best people.
As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time and in full with no errors.
The Quality Analyst is part of QA Laboratory team, with responsibility for supporting the production team and providing accurate, timely and efficient analytical services to meet customer needs
Purpose of Role
- Proactively works with the Production team via the provision of technical analytical and microbiological services and skills.
- Work proactively as a team to meet the business needs of Quality, Cost and Customer Service.
- To carry out analytical and microbiological analysis according to the sampling plan in order to fulfil customer needs.
- To be proactive in developing opportunities for continuous improvement in QA.
- Demonstrates a strong dedication to personal & team development through agreed training & development programs e.g. P4G
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards.
- Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority.
- Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behavior of others, reprimanding where appropriate.
- Enforce strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Shall be committed to producing safe and quality products by following all instructions related to the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
- Provide a comprehensive analytical and microbiological service to the Production and support teams.
- Be the Quality voice of the aligned team.
- Attain the highest standards in the area of Quality, Cost and Customer Service.
- Deliver a high performance service to its customers across the Brewery.
- Get along with a wide range of colleagues on the technical side of the business to carry out analyses and deliver the service required.
- Take ownership for their training and development.
Qualifications And Experience/ Skills Required
- Ideally a HND (Laboratory Technology) or equivalent.
- A proven applied competency in one or more of the following: – Chemical analyses, Microbiological analyses, Brewing Quality Control.
- At least three years practical laboratory experience in an ISO 9001 environment.
- Experience of teamwork in a pressurised production / QA environment
- Fundamental Quality insight passionate about the wider business need and how it impacts on GGBL production activities.
- Analytical thinking style.
- Well organised
- Attention to detail.
- Able to contribute to the effective working of the team.
- Basic digital literacy.
- Ability to prioritise against conflicting needs.
- Ability to follow through to deliver high quality results.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver training to other team members and production personnel.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of personal flexibility to function in a tightly overseen manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand.
- Poor inclination to pursue training and development on an individual and team basis or to share and apply new skills acquired.
- Inability to connect and build positive relationships.
- Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda within the business.
- Skill level inadequate to optimally operate and maintain both new and ageing assets and technology.
- Inability to demonstrate key leadership skills
- The use of inappropriate language.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th October, 2023