Metallurgical Superintendent at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Metallurgical Superintendent.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Metallurgical Superintendent is generally responsible for everything QA/QC that the department is involved with including data management, efficiencies, and researching into opportunities for the future.
• The incumbent with directives from the Plant Manager -Technical, should always be armed with sound reasons behind the good, the bad and the ugly of what is happening on the plant and give technical guidance to the operations team and as well be involved with setting up robust metallurgical data management system and inform plant management and any stakeholders with timely and meaningful technical reports in support of the department operations.
• Application of HSE regulations with zero tolerance for breaches.
• Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
• Continuous improvement of design and field safety performance.
• Timely investigation of all injuries, illness, and incidents with action plans developed to prevent recurrences
• Contribute to the Metallurgy Department target to achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
• Utilise ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate process interruptions so that exposure to environmental risks is reduced.
• Reduce energy usage by running the plant energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate with sphere of influence.
• Clearly define the roles and accountabilities of team members.
• Support the recruitment and appointment of people to role in as directed by and in consultation with process management
• Communicate policies and procedures in a manner so as to achieve full understanding and compliance
• Provide guidance and leadership to achieve maximum performance among the team.
• Actively support the design and review of Process Automation, control systems and Metallurgical accounting.
• Conduct quality assurance on external Laboratory services providers.
• Assist in the drafting and review of all service contracts of the processing plant.
• Design Biox bacteria Inoculum builds up program and facilitate its implementation.
• Design and implement sampling regimes for data acquisition and reporting
• Manage process monitoring equipment, calibrations, and certifications
• Develop/Review and implement Standard operating Procedures for Metallurgical Operations.
• Drive and coordinate the sectional budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy
• Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
• Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
• Manage AFE’s for capital expenditure that will improve throughput, reduce cost or improve efficiencies.
• Develop the risk and risk mitigation plans and activities for all work scopes and changes relating to the processing plant operations and infrastructure.
• Develop a plan to ensure metallurgical equipment maintenance/ replacement is achieved in line with the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine.
• Ensure the SAP asset maintenance management system is fully utilized for maintenance activities and that all team members are competent in the utilization of the SAP.
• Develop and maintain the Metallurgical Management Plan, as a key Project Execution sub plan for the area of accountability
• Arrange input and support into establishing and maintaining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs for refurbishment activities.
• Oversee the Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process, review, and appropriate technical and non-technical documentation for approval.
• Drive the International Cyanide Management Code (ICMI) recertification for Obuasi Mine.
• Maintain meeting records, agreed actions, and follow up to ensure actions are completed.
• Maintain a regular SAP asset maintenance management system operational readiness interface and hand over meeting.
• Participate in formal cost and schedule reviews to support accurate and timely reporting.
• Produce accurate and timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting that can clearly convey the status of safety, cost, schedule and quality for the construction, refurbishment, and operational works.
• Lead process quality assurance audits and drive corrective/improvement measures
• Inspect plant refurbishments and plant modifications to ensure works are delivered in accordance with applicable designs, specifications, and expectations
• Perform audits on metallurgical practices, correct and implement sustainable actions.
• Continuously identify and collate opportunities to improve cost, schedule, quality and safety outcomes to all engineering, production, refurbishment, and construction activities undertaken in accountability.
• Provide technical knowledge, “metallurgical” input into the development and execution of the commissioning plan.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelors in Metallurgy, Mineral, Material or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution.
• At least 8 – 10 years’ experience in a processing plant; preferably 5 – 8 years at a middle management role.
• Experience and understanding of total mining cycle.
• Proven experience in collaborating with plant operations maintenance department
• Plant performance and efficiency
• Strategy development and implementation experience
• Plant maintenance control
• Knowledge in SCADA and process control.
• Budgeting and budget control including the understanding of interdepartmental costing
• Proven Metallurgical Accounting with implementation of databases
• Demonstrable knowledge of metallurgical research processes including test work procedures, circuit and financial modelling
• Proven knowledge of engineering principles of process equipment
• Self-driven to achieve targets and improve the status quo.
• Self-starter with ability to justify, initiate and drive process case through implementation to completion
• Strong and proven decision-making skills.
• Willingness to delegate
• Demonstrates behaviour consistent with AGA values.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and motivating skills
• People management
Method of ApplicationTo submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 26 July, 2022