Medior Monitoring & Evaluation Expert at MDF West Africa Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: MDF West Africa Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
MDF West Africa Limited (MDF West Africa) is a training and management consultancy firm that is registered in Ghana and commenced business on May 2009. MDF West Africa serves global and local clients in any of the West African countries and beyond. With a core staff of 28 professionals, supported by a network of 25 associated trainers/consultants, MDF WA is a multi-project organization implementing approximately 15 projects simultaneously.
MDF West Africa is a fully owned local subsidiary of MDF Training & Consultancy BV that has been building the capacity of individuals, organisations, and networks since 1984 with the mission of ‘empowering people, creating impact’. The Global MDF has offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, Kenya, Ghana, D.R. Congo, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Myanmar and project offices in Rwanda, Uganda and Benin. MDF offers open-subscription training courses, tailor-made training and workshops and consultancy services in multiple sectors. MDF also provides support to organisations in the design and implementation of project monitoring and evaluation and learning (MEL) processes.
Being part of the MDF Global network and being an independent Ghana-based regional management consulting and training firm, we bring the best of both worlds. We bring over 35 years of global experience in development intervention, project design and program management enriched with our locally gained expertise. We draw upon our extensive experience in implementation of both public and private sector initiatives in developing economies. MDF WA can draw upon expertise from other regions where MDF Global is operating.
MDF West Africa is looking for experienced Monitoring and Evaluation specialist to join our M&E and Learning (MEL) Team in the acquisition and execution of M&E related assignments across the West Africa region and beyond. The MEL Team specialises in the execution of assignments in different thematic areas which include but not limited to WASH, Education, Agriculture, Empowerment and Entrepreneurship, Governance, humanitarian aid. The ability of the MEL Team to implement assignments that cuts across different thematic areas allows the cross-fertilization of resources and ideas, generating optimum service to clients.
Within this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and also travel within the West Africa region. You will be part of the international MDF network and therefore work with and learn from colleagues from Africa, Europe, and Asia.
MAIN TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Acquisition of Assignments
• Assist in the identification, follow-up and responses to training & consultancy opportunities with clients in the West African region.
• Assist in the analysis and understanding client request for services based on available terms of reference/request for proposal and/or direct contact via phone, intake meetings (visits) and or email.
• Provide assistance to the proposal writing process led by a Senior Expert and together with selected team members.
Execution of Assignments
• Provide assistance in the execution of consultancy assignments in the area of training, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
• Undertake literature review and other data and information gathering as may be required by consultancy assignments and other MDF task.
• Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of MDFWA enterprise development.
• Assist in maintaining a database of stakeholder contacts for purposes of acquisition and execution of assignments.
• Assist in the report writing process required under consultancy assignments.
Qualification Required & Experience
Technical Comptencies and Professional Experiences
• Experience working in projects and programmes teams providing services to clients.
• Experience working in single and/or multi-country programme external evaluation assignments applying quantitative and qualitative methodologies such as outcome mapping, outcome harvesting, contribution analysis, and quasi-experimental studies applying sampling techniques and using among others difference-in-difference methods.
• Experience in assisting organisations or programmes in the design and management of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks and plans including the development of data collection, analysis, and reporting tools and templates.
• Experience in online data collection and analysis using digital technologies such as Kobo Collect, Survey Monkey, Akvo FLOW, Ona among others others.
• Strong data collection and processing skills i.e. data gathering via interviews, focus-group discussions, check-lists and analysing situations, documents, data sheets.
• Experience in quantitative data analysis using Excel, SPSS, Nvivo, MaxQData and other data analysis software.
• Ability to write strong proposals and reports i.e. clear, to-the-point, high analytical level, in-depth, proper English (or French), in time, understanding client needs.
• Previous consultancy and advisory expertise, individually or as part of an organization/firm.
• Strong participatory facilitation and presentation skills/expertise. Comfortable to stand in front of and guide a group (4-25 people) with an international character.
• At least 7 years of working experience in international development programs/projects, of which minimum 3 years as evaluator.
• Ability to handle administrative, modern communication and knowledge management technologies – Office 365 package, Adobe, PiktoChart, online data collection tools and more.
• Education level: Masters degree or equivalent in (international) business management, social studies, international development and or relations, international trade etc.
• Excellent ability in speaking and writing in English on a professional level. Knowledge of French language will be an asset.
• Service- and client- oriented.
• Independent worker, pro-active/take initiative, business-driven, professional attitude
• Team player, flexible, goes the extra mile, not a 9 to 5 mentality.
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) on regional and international level via email, phone and face-to-face i.e. respectful, business-oriented, broad vocabulary, understanding culture and customs.
• Practise transparency in dealing with colleagues and clients.
• Can deal with productivity and turnover targets.
• Committed to continuous learning and self-improvement.
• Interest in management for development.
How To Apply For The Job
• The position will be full-time (40 hour work week)
• Submit your application to:
Closing Date: 30 September, 2022
Applications that are not in before this time will not be entertained.
Your application needs to include the following;
• A cover letter (2-page maximum), outlining your interest, motivation and qualifications for the position;
• Your CV (including two professional references); and
• A sample of relevant work.
• An assessment and reference check will be part of the application procedure.
• There are no relocation funds available.
• ECOWAS nationals are encouraged to apply.
• MDF is an equal opportunity employer and our hiring policy is based on merits and qualifications. We encourage qualified women and men to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED WITHIN THE SELECTION AND INTERVIEW PERIOD THAT ENDS ON THE 14TH OF OCTOBER 2022.