Mechanical Technician – Shovel and Drill at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
To conduct mechanical maintenance, deployment, troubleshooting, replacement, repair, and testing of equipment on drills, shovels and support equipment, according to OEM specifications and safety standards to ensure equipment availability and optimal mining operations and production.
In This Role You Will:
- Perform preventive maintenance routines and inspections.
- Generate a work order before the remedial or repair work is carried out.
- Raise a job card for work to be carried out, if any problems are identified.
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own work schedule, coordinating with support services
- Attend to items on the maintenance planning schedule, as and when required.
- Perform installations, maintenance and repair activities, in accordance with OEM specifications.
- Troubleshoot technical and/or operational problems.
- Perform routine maintenance on all mechanical equipment and ensure effective functioning, including but not limited to maintenance of drills, shovels and support equipment.
- Perform a variety of other maintenance tasks, such as breakdowns and preventative maintenance.
- Disassemble and assemble various major components for repair works.
- Ensure that all lock-out / tag-outs are completed before any work is carried out.
- Provide information in terms of sufficient spare availability and stock levels.
- Assist specialists in making more complex repairs.
- Work within established procedures and operating manuals, as set out by the OEMs and best practices.
- Check that daily and rotational quality targets are achieved, including First Stop After PM (FSAPM), Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time To Repairs (MTTR)
- Conduct daily inspection and lube services to the machines
- Collect oil samples from the mining fleet using best practices to minimize contamination.
- Carry out inspection on all mechanical equipment daily and record all findings from the inspection.
- Check all malfunctioned machinery and equipment and conduct root cause analysis to diagnose whether to repair or replace.
- Analyze specified problems and issues to find the best technical solutions within OEM specifications.
- Strive to reduce downtime and minimize costs.
- Maintain records of maintenance and repair work.
- Produce daily reports indicating the jobs for the day and submit the report to the Supervisor.
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
- Inspect the equipment to check and identify any mechanical and basic electrical risks.
- Attend all safety meetings.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job:
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to work in confined spaces and will be exposed to extreme vibration.
- work environment: The employee is frequently exposed to noise of more than 85, high-temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc. The incumbent will occasionally lift heavy materials and/or operate heavy machinery.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as a helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Mechanical Engineering Technician certificate.
- Mechanic Trade training, apprenticeship.
- MINCOM certified as Inspection Engineer as an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of maintaining Drills. Shovels and support equipment.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of CMMS/ERP
- Minimum of 3 years’ mechanical maintenance experience in mining environment, preferably repairing and maintaining drill, shovels and support equipment.
- Communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation such as technical instructions, test procedures and technical manuals.
- Ability to identify problems and report using technical names of equipment parts.
- Ability to utilize mechanical tools to install, maintain and repair equipment and power plant.
- Ability to manage the quality of operations in accordance with the quality standards of the organisation and international best practices.
- Reliable and independent.
- Safety conscious.
- Detail Focused.
- Technically Inclined.
- Takes Initiative.
- Results Driven.
- Team player.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th August, 2023