Mechanical Engineer – Surface Infrastructure at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mechanical Engineer – Surface Infrastructure
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Mechanical Engineer – Surface Infrastructure, is accountable for safely delivering the design, build, execution and commissioning of surface mechanical infrastructure on budget and on schedule.
- Adhere to HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example at all times to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed to ensure tasks are performed without the risk of injury or harm to themselves, others and the environment.
- Establish the Mechanical Engineering team for the Surface operations, capable of supporting the role holder in executing the project construction deliverables.
- Review and confirm the accuracy of Bill of Materials.
- Develop and coordinate work packs with and for work crews.
- Define equipment and parts from external suppliers.
- Conduct cost estimation.
- Safely deliver Project Mechanical implementation, including installation and commissioning.
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure the safe and timely delivery of project works, expected quality, and allotted budget.
- Support manufacture, build and validation of systems.
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Generate engineering reports, specifications, procedures and engineered solutions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Create required documentation, drawings, process definition, procedures and manuals as required.
- Prepare progress reports and procurement updates for inclusion in weekly/monthly reports.
- Monitor progress, attend site meetings and represent AGA as required.
- Maintain accurate records and files according to quality standard.
- Develop commissioning plan for review and sign-off.
- Execute Commissioning plan.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Must have 10 – 15 plus years post-graduation on mechanical design and the implementation and execution of major processing plant and support services projects.
- Must have managed and directed project construction activities.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3rd December, 2022