Mechanical Engineer at Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Mechanical Engineer.
• The job role requires operational support for the achievement of the objectives of the Institute.
• As a mechanical engineer, you can work across all stages of product development, from research and design to installation and commissioning. Your role involves the design, development and operation of machines and systems.
• Plan, conceptualize, and create mechanical designs for new products
• Develop testing processes, and perform testing and validation of mechanical components of new designs
• Generate working prototypes for beta testing and customer demonstration
• Perform engineering calculations to support design work
• Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using computer software
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors
• Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process
• Ensure project timeline is met and project stays within budget
• Improve production processes, and planning and supervising the installation of machinery and parts in line with design plans and timescales
• Develop and test prototypes of devices they design
• Design or redesign mechanical and thermal devices using analysis and computer-aided design to create technical plans
• Analyse the test results and change the design as needed to meet specification
• Applying mathematical and materials science principles to design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability
• Oversee the manufacturing process for any product developed
• Analyse, discuss and solve complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers, and customers
• Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
• Liaising with suppliers
• Surveying systems and machines.
• Producing technical documents.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Candidate must possess a relevant Bachelor’s & Master’s degree in mechanical engineering or in a related field
• Licensed to practice as a mechanical Engineer in Ghana
• Have a minimum of two years experience working in engineering, and project management role
• Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products
• Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
• Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems
• Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or similar
• Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
• Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
• Excellent prioritization and project development skills
• Strong creativity and analytical skills
• Ability to communicate technical knowledge effectively and clearly
• Must be self-motivated and a great team worker
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The appointments shall normally be for six years including a probationary period. The appointment shall be reviewed before the end of the sixth year and may be renewed.
How To Apply For The Job
An applicant is required to submit the complete application dossier to
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25,
Legon, Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy) or
[email protected] (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following: · Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Staff Application: (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• a cover letter expressing interest,
• a detailed curriculum vitae
• copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
Closing Date: 30 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.