Marketing Officer at Ghana News Agency (GNA)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Ghana News Agency (GNA)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Ghana News Agency (GNA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified, result-driven, competent, and dynamic professionals to fill various vacant positions. The available position is Marketing Officer.
Job Description: Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Implements approved policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), work plan and other support systems to manage the Business Development & Marketing Department.
• Implements approved marketing and sales initiatives/plans to market and sell the Company’s products and services to meet the requirements/expectations of Clients as well as develop new business relationships.
• Assists in the preparation of adverts designs and media concepts for clients.
• Ensures the prompt payment of placed advertisements and fast delivery of contracts.
• Solicits advertisement service for the Agency.
• Collaborates with the Finance Department in collecting debts from advertising and subscription clients.
• Liaises with the Finance Department in the monitoring of rent proceeds.
• Keeps and updates records on the advertising and subscription business.
• Provides input in formulating new product and service from inception to respective launch to meet growing and changing customer needs.
• Coordinates and monitors sales activities to improve and optimize revenue growth, expand business, and improve sales productivity.
• Monitor and identify areas of concern for marketing/sales and propose corrective actions to address concerns and maximize profitability.
• Maintains and updates data on sales activities and clientele for easy accessibility and retrieval of information.
• Maintains a network of contacts that will support the operations of the Business Development & Marketing Team.
• Prepares monthly and periodic reports on all sales and marketing activities.
• Performs any other duty(s) assigned by Superior Officer.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales, Project Management, or related field.
• Five (5) years relevant working experience in related role.
• In-depth working knowledge and experience in sales/marketing operations.
• Good knowledge of distribution channels available and how these can be leveraged.
• Proven planning and organizing skills.
• Excellent marketing and sales and customer service focus.
• Good knowledge/understanding of sales delivery benchmarks and standards.
• Strong negotiation, networking and influencing skills.
• Good knowledge/understanding of market segmentation, value propositions and customer profiles.
• Good knowledge and understanding of project management and administration.
• Ability to work under pressure in a target driven environment.
• Ability to maintain professional relationships relevant to the development of business potential partnerships.
• Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and business development software/tools.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application cover letter stating the position with a comprehensive curriculum vitae including supporting documents (Educational Certificates, National Service Certificate etc) to the
Director of Administration
Ghana News Agency
P.O Box 2118
Prospective Applicants applying for (Editor, Chief Reporter, Accountant, Stores Officer, Marketing Officer, and Administrative Officer) positions must as part of the application submit a Statement of Purpose (Number of words 500 words, font style – Times New Roman, font size –12 and lining spacing should be 1.5), indicating their strength, achievements, attitude and why they should be considered for the role.
Send application to [email protected] indicating the applied Position as the SUBJECT and attach relevant documents (Educational Certificates, National Service Certificate etc).
Kindly note that closing date for submission of all Application is the 24th March, 2023. Applicants should note that only shortlisted persons will be invited to interview for selection.
Closing Date: 24 March, 2023