Marine Engineer at Tullow Oil PLC
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tullow Oil PLC
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana - Tullow Oil Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a Marine Engineer on a permanent basis, based in Accra, Ghana. The individual will play a key role in Tullow’s succession plan to develop and mentor nationals into offshore leadership positions.
The position sits within the Maintenance & Integrity department and will focus on the planning and delivery of planned maintenance and integrity management activities across various disciplines.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
- Support to offshore teams daily as required. This may include extended periods offshore providing supervision & guidance of inspection campaigns and repair campaigns.
- Support Marine Engineering Requirements required for Daily O & M Operations and Engineering/MoC requirements.
- Pro-actively search, prepare and deliver/follow-up upon cost saving initiatives.
- Provide input to campaign execution lead and operation planners to build up an accurate offshore execution plan.
- Keeping abreast with industry developments with regards to operational inspection and maintenance of FPSO structures and realization of potential benefits to operations at the appropriate stage of technique maturity.
MANGEMENT OF CHANGE / MAINTENANCE / TURNAROUNDS
- Manage the implementation of Marine MOC’s: working with offshore Marine department and 3rd party Engineering Service Contractor to develop recommendations and produce the deliverables.
- Liaise with 3rd party contractors to ensure readiness, safety, planning, and efficiency of maintenance campaign including tank cleaning, inspection, and repair.
- Review inspection reports collectively at a high level to identify any patterns that may indicate future problems.
- Keep regular contact with CLASS to provide progress updates
AUDITS & VERIFICATION
- Support Marine Superintendent to ensure offshore compliance by means of inspection, verification and audit of their allocated areas of responsibility.
- Audits of third-party contractors and rectification of identified deficiencies.
- Complies with the Tullow’s EHS Code of Conduct Policy, Standard and Procedures to protect people and the environment at all times.
- Industry experience in Marine Engineering preferably within the FPSO operations environment.
- Marine Engineering or Marine Architect experience with Tanker/FPSO inspection and repair knowledge.
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills, culturally aware with experience of working with diverse workforce.
- Track record of analysis capability and experience covering typical ships structures in the fields of strength, fatigue and rule assessments.
- Working knowledge of the ship classification process and the associated statutory survey requirements.
- Experience of in-service repair activities.
- Proven capability and experience in leadership and management of third-party contactors and junior team members.
- A Bachelor’s Degree qualification or equivalent in Marine Engineering
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
- A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th March. 2022