Manager – Project (BTSF) at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Manager – Project for Beposo Tailing Storage Facility (BTSF)
Contract Type/Duration: Contract
Number of Position(s): One (1)
To Coordinate and Lead project deliveries for Beposo Tailing Storage Facility (BTSF) ongoing projects. The role holder will ensure that appropriate standards and quality are maintained during the execution phase in accordance with guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure the health and safety of all personnel associated with the projects
- Manage the production of comprehensive project plans and documentation to enable the project to be managed against a clear set of defined deliverables and milestones.
- Conduct an evaluation of the project and any follow-on action recommendations as required.
- Produce project documentation and create knowledge libraries with the end goal of using this documentation to train and support the end users.
- Provide leadership to those involved in the project by defining work and ensuring deadlines are understood and adhered to and that project objectives are clearly articulated and understood.
- Ensure project requirements and resource levels are fully supported and approved throughout the lifecycle of the project, including staffing, ICT implementation
- Manage the successful delivery of projects on time and of the right quality
- Assist with the monitoring, measuring, reviewing, and updating project process, adjusting project plans, and implementing remedial plans and informing all relevant parties
- Work with immediate reports and staff in a way that adds value to their roles and ensures their effectiveness. These authorities include induction into team, assigning specific tasks, assessing performance, providing coaching, initiating disciplinary action as and when required
- Share understanding of the context within which the manager’s accountabilities lie and requires of colleagues to work together as a team and make mutual adjustments to their work.
- Integrates project and project support work through successive stages of project analysis and development
- Ensure all aspects of commercial, legal, and financial corporate governance are implemented in accordance with AGA standards
- Ensure reliable processes for managing the technical quality of the Plan of Operations and supporting engineering deliverables.
- Ensure the project meets its environmental, community and other obligations as prescribed in the AGA policy
- BSc Civil Engineering or its equivalent from a recognised institution
- A post-graduate qualification in a project management or Geotechnical Engineering will be an added advantage
- Minimum of ten (10) years post qualification experience in Tailings Dam Construction with at least five (5) years at the senior supervisory level within the mining industry.
- Professional Certification in Project Management
- Working with employees in different managerial structures in a way that ensures the respective managers accountabilities are met.
- Ability to exercise jurisdiction or authorities in the form of Advising, Service giving, Service getting, Monitoring, Co-ordinating, and Auditing.
- Sound understanding of components and key drivers of the mining value chain
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should be collaborative by nature and can successfully engage and influence key stakeholders.
- Must have strong desire to coach and develop others by sharing skills and knowledge.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English language; Must possess very strong good human relations skills and ability to interact with people of diverse culture and values
- Certified by Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission of Ghana as a Project Manager
- Medical fitness for the position as well as the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving License and ability to drive Light Vehicle
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th Feb. 2022