Manager of Program Support at Compassion International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Compassion International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
This manager leads a staff of professionals who independently consult on, develop and support the implementation child development programs and interventions. Manages assigned professional staff and inculcates all initiatives with Compassion’s program design. The leader ensures that holistic child development is considered in all initiatives. The manager supports the development and implementation of local program design in support of the global framework. The primary purpose of this position is to provide full management of senior professional staff. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to satisfy broad objectives and department strategies. The incumbent will ensure completion of department responsibilities, calling on available resources to achieve department objectives, working within approved budget.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Provides leadership and development to direct reports. Works with staff to foster an environment of professional growth, in alignment with compassion’s strategies and objectives. Consult with peer management and senior leaders to successfully align departmental resources and priorities across Compassion.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Leads direct reports and their assigned staff to be an effective part of church facing teams. Builds the capacity of assigned staff to support the church. Collaborates with peer managers to address issues and improve the effectiveness of church facing teams. Makes their team’s work and plans visible to other teams or departments.
- Empower staff to respond to church needs, prioritize work, and make choices that result in better relationships and more effective program designs. Models a culture of continuous improvement through learning that leads to greater program effectiveness.
- Ensures that partnership facilitators are provided with various child development expertise. Also ensures that training staff are consulted to identify training needs and that they get the subject matter expert information necessary to develop curriculum. Consults on and monitors spiritual, emotional, and physical development interventions, and drives improvement program implementation. Advances ideas and programs such as spiritual formation and leads efforts toward broad community engagement.
- Champions assigned staff plans for capacity-building and strategy and creating child/youth engagement activities. Ensures developing and implementing major innovations and sharing the best practice of child/youth activities, coordinating with partner ministries, and equipping Christian community leaders for child/youth development transformation in their communities. Guides strategy development with key stakeholders such as partnership facilitators and implementing church partners.
- Leads professionals as they provide comprehensive consulting on, develop, and support the implementation of holistic child development programs and interventions. Provides consulting on assigned initiatives; and analyzes reports to support partnership facilitators in improving program initiatives and interventions at facilitating church partners.
- Manages professionals that facilitate development and implementation of resource components to achieve specific ministry strategies and plans. Champions major proposals and prioritization plans to acquire and effectively deploy resources to partners. Able to manage quality deliverables of the support specialists on the team.
- Provides information to country management and other decision-makers to ensure appropriate resources are allocated as required to effectively administer rollout, implementation and maintenance major interventions. Leads professionals who ensure proposals, reports, and other documentation are accurate, complete and delivered to appropriate stakeholders.
- Leads and models child protection prevention standards. Ensures staff and key stakeholders understand the child protection implications of existing and proposed programs, processes and interventions. Uses child protection related risk assessment, national/sub-national data and other evidence to identify and mitigate the potential for harm and inform abuse prevention and response activities. Supports the development and implementation of national child protection strategy. Supports timely reporting of abuse allegations into Compassion’s case management system in accordance with expected standards and appropriate, prompt intervention in child protection allegations and concerns.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- A Masters Degree is preferred
- At least 7 years relevant experience working in this or a related field with a Bachelors Degree
- At least 5 years relevant experience working in this or a related field with a Masters Degree
- People management skills is required
- Strong collaborative and planning skills
- Knowledge in coaching, succession planning, budgeting and performance management skills
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification from a nationally or internationally recognized organization in a related field.
- Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Office – Standard Office Environment
Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
May be required to travel up to 40% of normal schedule
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3rd August. 2022