Manager of Partnership at Compassion International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Compassion International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
This manager leads a team of Partnership Facilitators that serve the church partners by strengthening local ownership, building capacity and resources of church partners to minister to children and youth in their own context. This leader’s team is Compassion’s primary liaison with church partners, and is accountable for the Partnership Management core process, church outcomes, and for mobilizing Compassion staff and resources necessary to strengthen church partners and accomplish our shared goal to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name. The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction through subordinate managers and staff, including hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to achieve global strategies and objectives. The incumbent collaborates with other senior leaders and contributes to the development of functional strategy and makes decisions based on operational strategy and priorities.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Provides leadership and development to direct reports. Works with staff to foster an environment of professional growth, in alignment with compassion’s strategies and objectives. Consult with peer management and senior leaders to successfully align departmental resources and priorities across Compassion.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Leads direct reports and their assigned staff to be an effective part of church facing teams. Builds the capacity of assigned staff to support the church. Collaborates with peer managers to address issues and improve the effectiveness of church facing teams. Makes their team’s work and plans visible to other teams or departments.
- Empower staff to respond to church needs, prioritize work, and make choices that result in better relationships and more effective program designs. Models a culture of continuous improvement through learning that leads to greater program effectiveness.
- Demonstrates to team members a personal commitment to serve, respect, and empower the church according to principles outlined in Compassion’s ministry philosophies. Builds a team that demonstrates the same commitment.
- Leads assigned staff to build church ownership, capacity, and resources to minister to children and youth in their context. Further, leads assigned staff to support the church through the program cycle – needs assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Ensures team alignment with the Partnership Management core process.
- Monitors progress toward youth and church outcomes by reviewing facilitation work plans, project visit reports, church feedback, Partnership Management strategic process objectives, and monitoring and evaluation data. Uses these metrics to identify opportunities for staff development and drive team performance improvement. Helps partnership facilitators evaluate fulfillment of requirements in the partnership agreement through regular visits and the use of standardized assessments.
- Manages application of the Partner Maturation Model, ensuring that there is capacity and freedom to adjust facilitation approaches. Ensures preparation and implementation of facilitation work plans that address each church’s individual maturity and needs.
- Develops a team that advocates for church needs and establishes relationships characterized by mutual respect, trust, and service that builds up church ministry. Develops team capacity to establish collaborative relationships with pastors, elders, church and denomination leaders, committees, and project staff that foster growth in church partner maturity.
- Manages team collaboration with Program Support to ensure church partner training and support needs are met, and that they are properly informed of appropriate Compassion resources. Manages the planning and conducting of cluster-level activities that facilitate relationships and shared learning, build collaborative relationships, and mobilize church partners who can help train other church partners.
- Leads team accountability for Compassion commitments to the church, as well as accountability for programmatic and sponsor engagement deliverables. Ensures team coordination with those in Program Support and Business Support who have responsibility for Compassion’s role in those deliverables to ensure quality and completion. Addresses issues in support capacity with the appropriate manager.
- Models effective collaboration with Program Support to ensure child protection standards are met.
- Ensures staff and key stakeholders understand the child protection implications throughout the lifecycle of a partnership.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Masters Degree in a related field
- At least 5 years relevant experience in people management.
- Project Management and Sustainability Planning Skills
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification from a nationally or internationally recognized organization in a related field.
- Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Office – Standard Office Environment
Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
May be required to travel up to 40% of normal schedule
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3rd August. 2022