With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Main Duties & Responsibilities
You will manage our local IT teams, namely, our in-house System Administration and Network Engineering team, VoIP engineering team and Local IT Support teams. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the development, monitoring and maintenance of our Local Network Infrastructure/Systems and IT support on a daily basis. You will act as the bridge between Jumia’s central IT team and the local IT team. You should be hands-on enough to work with and challenge your teams but have enough management and soft skills to step back and bridge the gap between local engineering and business stakeholders.
- Manage multifunctional local IT teams of all physical locations on the country
- Manage local IT assets according to the company’s IT policies
- Plan and budget for local IT assets needs
- In-house internal systems and network infrastructure deployment, management and maintenance
- Documentation of deployed solutions
- Responsibility for security policies deployment
- Monitoring solutions’ deployment and analysis on the implemented systems (Icinga, Graylog, Grafana)
- IT Support Ticketing system metrics monitoring
- IT assets inventory system monitoring
- Respect and follow the code of conduct, general rules and principles of the company
- Fulfill other duties that are necessary for company well-being, safety and security
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience managing multifunctional IT teams
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience as a system administrator in the Linux environment using CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu, Windows Server and related services
- Windows Server and related services (AD, GPO, WSUS) and Centralized AV System
- Computer Science (BSc CS), Network and System Administration (B. Eng.) or equivalent work experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate certification (CCNA)
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take.