Manager, Fixed Asset at MTN Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: MTN Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type:
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• Manage the fixed assets function within the Finance Division ensuring strict compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• To ensure the optimum maintenance of the fixed assets register (FAR)
• To ensure the accuracy of carrying values in the general ledger, in accordance with IFRS, MTN policies and management directives
• Manage the Capital work in progress (CWIP) accounting from primavera module in partnership with Capital Project Division
• The take-on of all additions into the FAR, maintain accurate de-recognition of retired assets process, and to administer the disposal of fixed assets process.
• To closely monitor all impairment indicators for annual impairment reviews in line with IFRSs
• Periodic reconciliations of the FAR to the general ledger, perform regular analytical review of journals, maintain proper cost adjustment process on all subsequent costs
• To ensure timely and accurate depreciation runs for month/year-end
• To ensure annual physical counts of assets and tagging of new additions to fixed assets register (FAR)
• Liaise with Planning and fulfilment to track all move-orders from inventory to CWIP.
• Provide monthly support to the tax team by providing monthly new additions for capital allowance computation.
Manage Statutory and External Audits
• Analyze and investigate audit differences in line with audit instructions and SLAs defined
• Respond to audit queries based on necessary approvals obtained from Opco CFO and defined delegation of authority
• Prepare a list of unadjusted and adjusted differences
• Recommend changes in the existing policies and procedures based on the materiality of audit findings
Exceptions Handling and Reporting
• Perform root cause analysis for SLA non-compliance and take corrective action
• Identify potential sensitive issues and escalate it to the appropriate level
• Provide information to the Senior Manager on work accomplishments, problems, progress in work processes, individuals and team needs
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Highly regulated environment
• Performance driven environment
• Diverse cultural environment
• Group best practices & standards alignment
• Regionalization structure implication
• Supply market demographics
Opco specific restrictions on local content
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Degree in Accounting/Finance
• Professional certification is a plus
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar role with at least 3 years in a supervisory position
• Fixed Assets Accounting
• Reporting & presentation
Skills / physical competencies:
• Manage self and be a team player, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
• Organizational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving abilities.
• Good communication skills (oral and written)
• Negotiating & Influencing skill
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality always.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number IRC24558 as the email subject. Application without the subject will automatically be disqualified.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Closing Date: 10 August, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.