Manager – Commercial at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Manager – Commercial.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to provide direct output support to the Project Service Manager and is responsible for providing contracts and procurement support for the Obuasi Redevelopment Project. This includes procuring of goods, materials and services for the Project meeting high quality, cost effective, and timely delivery, to support budget, schedule and quality requirements, whilst considering local content obligations with knowledge transfer to support localisation and future operations
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- Provide technical input to the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and mining workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
- Utilize ‘Analyze and Improve’ tools to investigate process interruptions to reduce exposure to environmental risks.
- Support the Obuasi Project Management team in all commercial and contractual matters.
- Oversee the Engineering Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) services contractor, specifically procurement and subcontractor management processes.
- Review and identify the commodities and services which can be sourced and procured from Local Suppliers to support localization.
- Ensure effective management of key responsibilities, but not limited to the following;
- Registers/documents/templates including:
- Local Content plan
- Preferred bidders list
- Contracts and Procurement Management Plan
- Contracts Plan (matrix – planned/forecast and actual dates, contract type, value)
- Procurement plan (Matrix – planned/forecast and actual dates, type, value)
- Request for Tender (RFT)/Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Tender analysis documentation
- Recommendation for Award (RFA).
- Correspondence Register
- Variations Register
- Warranties Register
- Retentions Register
- Registers/documents/templates including:
- Investigate and develop supply sources for inclusion on the approved or preferred bidders list, including pre-qualification.
- Ensure effective management of tendering process for site works and services.
- Oversee the tender proposal process, package preparation, issuing tender packages to market, reviewing and analyzing responses. Prepare commercial analysis and recommendation for Award for Management to support the decision making and award process.
- Review all clarifications and qualifications to tender terms and conditions and develop strategies to optimize outcomes.
- Oversee inspections of vendor facilities and assessing suitability of vendors.
- Review costs and consider corrective actions if deviations from budget arise or are forecast to occur. Report regularly to Management on all procurement matters.
- Manage all changes, variations, claims, payments, correspondence, warranties, retentions and close out
- Proactively analyze and provide support in regard to supplier cost and schedule initiatives to optimize project performance.
- Assist in negotiations for approval of variations, claims.
- Oversee the EPCM to ensure goods are delivered to site by arranging expediting, following up to confirm site receipt.
- Contribute to the weekly and monthly reporting process, as ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Ensure all commercial responses are vetted by management and issued in line with meeting all contractual obligations.
- Liaise with operations to ensure transfer of relevant contracts and procurement information is socialized and incorporated into the SAP ERP system as required. This will include operations supply, maintenance and management functions.
- Ensure strong record keeping, cooperate with and assist with internal and external auditors as required.
- Ensure activities related to the commercial function comply with relevant Acts, legal obligations and ethical standards.
- Ensure compliance to statutory and Group policy requirements.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics or equivalent
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience of which five (5+) years should be at management level with substantial knowledge and experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Inventory, Warehouse management, Materials Engineering, Logistics within the West African mining and Projects environment
- Procurement and Supply Chain functional knowledge and best practices
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Broad business exposure
- Team & EPCM Procurement management,
- Resource utilization
- Project management
- Cost management
- Strategic exposure to business
- Change management
- Business negotiation skills
- Displaying Technical and Professional expertise, Innovating, Taking Initiative, Championing Change, Establishing Stretch Goals
Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and Team work, Developing Others, Communicating prolifically;
- Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship.
- Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty.
- An assertive goal-orientated self-starter with good interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to details.
- Maximizing Performance Results – Solving Problems and Analyzing Issues, Driving for Results.
- Model work behaviours for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th March. 2022