Project Officer, Making Advances to Eliminate Child Labor in More Areas with Sustainable Integrated Efforts (MATE MASIE) Project, Ghana at Winrock International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Winrock International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ashanti Region
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana - Consulting Jobs in Ghana - NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. Winrock is implementing the Making Advances to Eliminate Child Labor in More Areas with Sustainable Integrated Efforts (MATE MASIE) project. The project is funded by the United States Department of Labor (USDOL) and will strengthen capacity, connections, and accountability across child labor enforcement and monitoring within cocoa cooperatives in Ghana and will build the capacity of cooperatives to support vulnerable member households directly and by linking their members with other service providers.
Please note this position is only open to Ghanaian nationals. Expats will not be considered for this role.
Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the position of Project Officer for the MATE MASIE project. The position will be based in Offinso District in the Ashanti region of Ghana. The Project Officer will be responsible for assisting the Capacity Building Specialist (CBS) in capacity-strengthening activities including training of labor law enforcement agencies, social protection entities, and community stakeholders. Additionally, the Project Officer will support the CBS to execute tasks related to stakeholder engagement, provision of technical support/coaching to the project’s four grantee cooperatives and coalition-building at the district level. The Project Officer will liaise directly with staff from cocoa cooperative grantees, law enforcement agencies, and social protection entities to improve coordination on enforcement of child labor laws and child labor monitoring systems at the district level.
This is a local/national position and is not eligible for international allowances.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support CBS in training the four grantee cooperatives, labor law enforcement agencies and social protection agencies including District Labor Officers, District Child Protection Committees (DCPCs) and Community Child Protection Committees (CCPCs).
- Support design of cooperatives’ capacity building initiatives and menu of household support services.
- Monitor implementation of cooperatives’ capacity building initiatives and menu of household support services including all remediation and referral activities.
- Monitor the implementation of district labor law enforcement agencies/social protection agencies’ district-specific action plans.
- Responsible for periodic administration of data collection tracking forms at the district level and for analysis of the data from these forms as assigned by CBS.
- Support all in-house or external project assessments/surveys/evaluations at the district level
- Support Grants Officer in training cooperatives on grant requirements, documentation, and implementation.
- Ensure proper set-up and roll-out of the pilot Child Labor Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) and farm to cooperative child labor traceability system with the respective cooperatives and scaling up of these systems
- Support CBS in the implementation of the project’s private sector engagement plan.
- Hold and report on regular project progress meetings with cooperatives
- Periodically document and share with CBS, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer and Communications Specialist: best practices, success stories, and lessons learned.
- Keep and maintain an updated database of information relating to cooperatives, labor law enforcement agencies and social protection agencies within your operational district.
- Serve as the liaison between cooperatives, district labor law enforcement officials, social protection agencies, and the MATE MASIE project office in Kumasi.
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in development planning/studies, social sciences, management, or other relevant discipline, with at least two years relevant work experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of the cocoa sector and experience in activities related to combatting child labor and forced labor
- Experience in working on cocoa supply-chain based CLMRS and traceability systems
- Experience in partnership development, specifically working with the District Assemblies, Licensed Buying Companies (LBCs), confectionaries, DCPCs/CCPCs, and cocoa cooperatives/societies/associations.
- Ability to work autonomously in remote environments and keep a high level of motivation
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong written and communications skills
- Fluency in English and Twi
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- A good team player and ability to contribute to a cooperative work environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Driver’s license for a motorbike preferred
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th Jan, 2023