Maintenance Scheduler at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana - Newmont Inc Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Are you able to schedule and monitor all maintenance activities and processes of mobile mining equipment required to deliver optimum equipment availability while maintaining the integrity of company equipment assets?
In This Role You Will:
Forecasting and Planning
- Schedule medium term maintenance requirements based on planning forecasts.
- Prepare and issue daily and weekly schedules, budgets, and forecasts with assigned appropriate resources.
- Schedule and prepare warehouse materials and major tools.
- Schedule and obtain procured materials and contracted services according to authorization limits.
- Schedule welding contractor labor and services skills.
- Schedule capacity for support equipment, logistics, manpower, and workshop space.
- Schedule material requirements on liner kits for haul trucks, loader and dozer blades in conjunction with supply chain management (SCM).
- Prepare daily and weekly maintenance key performance indicators (KPIs) and arrange review meetings.
- Create material direct purchase and warehouse requisitions.
- Perform preventive maintenance routines and inspections.
- Update equipment register for work area.
- Ensure work history and completion information is captured in SAP.
- Capture all requests for work in the system (verbal, written, phone, SAP etc.).
- Capture condition monitoring data (oil, vibration, non-destructive testing etc.).
- Schedule the prioritized work as per requests from all sources.
- Update equipment service meter unit in SAP.
- Schedule as per shutdown activity scope to meet budget allocation.
- Schedule shutdown planning to include contractors
- Schedule short-term shutdown planning, including:
- Assist with the preparation for shutdown execution, including preparation of checklists for critical activities, inspection quality assurance sheets, checklists for critical and high-risk activities, handover process, quality assurance, and formal recommissioning process.
- Communicate shutdown processes to personnel.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
- Actively participate in all Newmont’s safety and environmental systems and initiatives.
- Demonstrate personal commitment regarding safety and environmental practices.
- Identification of potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
- Maintenance of a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
- Raising, discussion and resolution of safety issues at regular meetings.
- Adherence to safety procedures and protocol in maintenance scheduling activities.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree or High National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- MINCOM Inspection or Sectional Engineering certification is an added advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge of the work management process.
- Advanced knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Advanced knowledge of the operation of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP).
- Advanced knowledge of performance measures (KPIs) and their interpretation.
- Advanced knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
- Working knowledge of mobile asset life cycle management and asset management principles and best practice.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in planning and scheduling of mining mobile equipment maintenance in a large gold operation or similar heavy equipment site.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), SAP/Ellipse and MS Project.
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Advanced planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Conflict management and influencing skills.
- Financial administration, analysis and reporting skills.
- Capacity planning skills.
- Contract management skills.
- Quality management skills.
- Reporting and report writing skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Detail focused.
- Quality oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Results driven.
- Position is located at the Ahafo South mine.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to efficiently perform the essential functions of this job:
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to work in confined spaces and will be exposed to extreme vibration.
- Work Environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment. The employee is frequently exposed to noise more than 85 decibels, and to fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc. The incumbent will regularly lift heavy materials and / or operate heavy machinery.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high transparent clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th March. 2022