Maintenance QA/QC Superintendent at Tullow Oil
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tullow Oil
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Maintenance QA/QC Superintendent – Advert
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised and African focussed independent oil and gas company. The Group has interests in over 30 exploration and production licences across 8 countries in Africa and South America.
Tullow Oil has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance QA/QC Superintendent reporting to the Maintenance & Integrity Manager in Ghana
Being an experienced individual working in the oil and gas industry (or related industry: power generation, petrochemical, etc.) provide on-site technical expertise with regards to materials and services required for maintenance operations:
- Material Management
- Identification of specialized components
- QA/QC Requirements
- Overhaul of equipment
- Receipted goods from local market
- Offshore standard requirements
- Responding to Material Queries for Receipted Items
- Sparing Accuracy
- Material Condition Assessments
- Material RFQs in close co-ordination with Procurement Advisor – SCM Department
Technical integrity is the primary focus of this position, making sure all aspects of materials, equipment and temporary equipment are receipted, processed and are sent offshore in the correct condition and to the right technical specification.
With regards to CMMS, carrying out continuous improvement within Maximo, continuously improving the Inventory management data and Maximo quality is an integral aspect of this position, taking full ownership of identifying and closing gaps as they are found.
If seconded offshore, support the ongoing Maintenance and Inspection activities on the FPSO in a safe and efficient manner, being aware of the safety of others, effective utilisation of relevant FPSO systems, processes, and resources, ensuring compliance with company and statutory requirements.
Supports the maintenance and Integrity Manager whenever required for implement the Asset Maintenance Strategy
This role is based Onshore & Offshore in Ghana
Onshore and Offshore Organisation
The incumbent will be required to work with minimal direct supervision. Guided by onshore and offshore management.
Indicate positions that report directly to this position:
- Materials Inspection & Preservation Specialist
3rd Party Vendors for Preservation and Repairs
The following are the key roles and responsibilities of the successful candidate
Key Areas of activity
- Use and understand the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to ensure that the duties of self and others are performed within the Tullow OMS. Corrective and Preventative Maintenances, Job Plans, Work Instructions, Materials Requirements etc.
- Assist (and when necessary, lead) the Shore base Team in the planning, preparation, and confirmation of materials/readiness for maintenance work programmes; be able to identify and understand the significance of materials present in the shore-based and offshore environment
- Able to read and interpret vendor documentation in relation to major equipment found onboard the FPSO
- Able to advise and evaluate the requirements surrounding sparing and consumable levels for various equipment
- Support all fault finding and diagnostic checks ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly; engaging with local vendors and resources where needed
- Participates in failure investigations and root cause analysis to identify and implement reliability improvement opportunities.
- Ensures critical spares and materials are fit for duty to enable work to be completed per schedule; ensure any discrepancies are addressed
- Understands the documentation requirements for materials and procedures related to maintenance and intervention works
- Able to initiate the technical query process and understand the requirements for management of change.
- Complete all work activities in accordance with the Facility standards, management procedures and specifications.
- Works closely with onshore M&I Manager and Team (SMEs) to ensure compliance to the TGL Maintenance Strategy
- Apply good Maintenance engineering practice and judgement to the input, and execution and completion of engineering requests and maintenance work activities.
- Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency and productivity without loss of integrity.
- Mentor and knowledge sharing with Materials Inspection & Preservation Specialist and other subordinates
Vendor Maintenance Management:
- Complies with the Tullow HSEQ Code of Conduct to protect people and the environment at all times.
- Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
Complies with the Tullow Code of Business Conduct and Ethics policies and expected training at all times.
- 15+ years post graduate industry experience in a Supervisory engineering or maintenance discipline role, ideally in the Oil and Gas or Petrochemicals industry, ideally at a refinery or offshore facility in the field of Maintenance management of process plant.
- Experienced FPSO tanker operations (an asset but not required) and maintenance and Classification requirements for hull, machinery and topsides production facilities.
- Have good knowledge of the oil and gas production process and the facilities plant and machinery, ensuring their safe operation and maintenance
- A proven track record of leading multi discipline maintenance and inspection teams within a company Operation Management System to meet targets on time and within budget
- Sound knowledge and experience of facility asset integrity management principles including: risk based inspection (RBI), corrosion management, anomaly management and fabric maintenance.
- Experience of defect elimination, root cause analysis and reliability improvement. Actively participate and/or contribute toward defect elimination/system ownership focus groups.
- Experience of shutdown planning and management
- Experience of computerised maintenance management systems
- Experience with Safety and Operations Management Systems
- Knowledge of Pressure systems equipment and piping system basic design/fabrication.
Knowledge of safety requirements including control of work systems, operational and emergency procedures, company policy and instructions
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th April, 2023