Maintenance Manager at GBfoods Africa
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: GBfoods Africa
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
At GBfoods we offer culinary solutions in several countries of Europe and Africa with prestigious leading local brands, including Jumbo, Gallina Blanca, Erasco, Gino, Liebig, Star, Bama, D&L, Grand’Italia and Blå Band, among others.
Our Purpose “Celebrating local flavours” is to empower and take care of each of the local communities we belong to and to bring out their authentic flavours. Some of our local brands have been in consumers’ kitchens for over a century and have positioned themselves as authentically loved brands, as well as deeply rooted parts of the local culture.
Today, with a turnover of around 1,4 billion euros and a team of around 3,600 people, we are the preferred choice of millions of consumers.
Purpose of Role:
The purpose of this role is to oversee and manage mechanical works to ensure efficient, safe, and timely execution.
Results / Accountabilities
- Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning, and managing effective works
- 2. Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively
- 3. Ensure sufficient labor, equipment and spares are available for the maintenance planning and execution.
- 4. Ensure maintenance system is dynamic and continuously improving
- 5. Ensure all systems put in place are standardized.
- 6. Audit and ensure compliance of the engineering data systems.
- 7. Ensure adequate stock level of all machine spares.
- 8. Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximizing planned downtime and reducing unplanned downtime.
- 9. Ensure all maintenance and production KPIs are within target.
- 10. Provide leadership for the team members.
- 11. Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- 12. Supervise the routine check of electrical, hydraulic systems and other types of machinery of the factory to ensure functionality.
- 13. Optimize equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- 14. Manage the set up and take down of different events.
- 15. Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems are undertaken
- 16. Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined
- with a strategy to manage expenditure
- 17. Manage systems and equipment data storage and maintain high levels of standards and accuracy
- 18. Manage the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment from drawing up the specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with all relevant parties
- 19. Provide technical expertise to the team
- 20. Develop maintenance schedules and plans for periodic preventive maintenance on all equipment and enforce them among maintenance staff.
- 21. Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- 22. Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- 23. Report any identified problems with regards to the food safety management system to the Food Safety Team member(s) representing your department for appropriate actions to maintain the integrity of the company’s FSMS
- 24. Perform administrative tasks as required.
What can you expect from us?
Working for GBfood will offer you a wide variety of career opportunities that will enable you to utilize your full potential. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plan and much more.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, action oriented, problem solver and excellent relationship skills, pays attention to detail and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum BSc in Mechanical/ Electrical engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role preferably in a food manufacturing industry
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, equipment, and processes. Familiarity with industry standards, codes, and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of the food technology and manufacturing process
- A solid track record of effectively, leading, managing and/or supervising a team.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and guide a diverse team.
- Effective communication skills to interact with various stakeholders, including team members, clients, and project managers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to address technical challenges and implement effective solutions.
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations and practices, with a commitment to ensuring a safe work environment.
- Good organizational and time-management skills to manage multiple tasks and meet project deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail to oversee project quality and accuracy.
- Proficiency in using relevant software and tools for project management, documentation, and communication.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th December, 2023