Macroeconomist at Ghana Statistical Service
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Ghana Statistical Service
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development. It has offices in all the sixteen (16) regions of the country.
The Service invites applications from qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented and results-driven to apply for the under-listed positions within the Service: Macroeconomist
• To provide technical services to support efforts at deepening analyses and discussions on public policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Build and maintain both static and interactive databases of all macroeconomic indicators either generated by GSS or any other agency
• Review, document, and update theoretical and conceptual relationships among key macroeconomic indicators
• Generate and disseminate trends and patterns among key macroeconomic indicators
• Compile all public policies and synthesize macro-economic public policies
• Write periodic reports, articles, and policy hints to advise government Ministries, Departments, and Agencies on historical and other country experiences on the relationships between key macroeconomic indicators.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, and related fields;
• Must have completed a one-year national service
• Must have at least two years’ work experience
Competencies and Skills
• Application of macroeconomic theories
• Building and applying macro-econometric models and estimation. techniques
• Proficiency in the use of macro-econometric software
• Application of tailor-made macro-economic models for Ghana, the IMF Financial Programming methodologies and macroeconomic Diagnostics, and other public policy modeling tools.
• Research aptitude
• Writing and Presentation skills
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified applicants are to submit their application letters and CVs to the address below:
Human Resource Directorate
Ghana Statistical Service
P. O. Box GP 1098
Closing Date: 18 April, 2022
Qualified women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.