M & R Shift Engineer – Electrical at Meridian Port Services Ltd (MPS)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Meridian Port Services Ltd (MPS)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
A reputable Company in Tema is seeking to recruit suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the following vacant job position in the Asset Maintenance Department of the Company.
• Under the general direction of the Technical Shift Coordinator, he/she will be responsible among others for directing a team of Technicians, within his/her shift
• Responsible for the safe performance of equipment during his shift. Ensure that all components are performing effectively and safely. Report to the shift coordinator any alteration on the equipment which might have an impact on the performance of the equipment.
• Ensuring all the equipment preventive/corrective maintenance planned during his shift are completed on time as per the PM schedule.
• Accountable for the equipment smooth operation with the least possible interruption. The agreed target KPI should be achieved including but not limited to Availability. Operational availability, PMSC, MMBF, MTTR …etc
• Receiving breakdown calls on the radio, responding to the calls himself or by following up on the Breakdown Technicians team, and ensuring the equipment is handed over to Operations within the target Mean time to repair (MTTR).
• Ensure that all the shift related work order on CMMS (IFS) are properly reviewed to ensure that data provided is correct including the work performed, the materials issued, and the manhours registration.
• Supervise the electrical jobs during his shift and provide the technical assistance to the technicians when needed and ensure that the equipment is handed over to Ops in a good condition (properly cleaned and in accordance with 5-5 standards) and working in good order.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must possess a B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from a reputable University.
• A minimum of two years work experience within the relevant industry.
• Must be capable of interpreting equipment manuals, drawings, and diagrams.
• Experience in working on Siemens PLC systems – Knowledge of Siemens drives systems is an added advantage.
• Siemens PLC experience as a mandatory requirement
REWARD: The reward for the position is very competitive.
Method of ApplicationAll qualified and interested applicants may send their applications with CV including names of two (2) professional referees to the e-mail address below:
Closing Date: 03 January, 2023