Logistics Manager at Degas
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Degas
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Passionate and motivated. Driven with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward-thinking and committed. At Degas, we embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, please read on!
WHO ARE WE?
We are a startup dedicated to increasing smallholder farmers’ income in Sub-Saharan Africa. Over 70% of the working population is employed in the agricultural sector. We provide a complete package for farmers to enable productive & lucrative farming while visualizing their potential with technology. Our journey has just begun, and we aim to triple the income of 30 million farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa by 2030.
Degas Ghana Limited currently has an opening for a Logistics Manager. The individual will be part of a growing team, offering specialized support in collaboration-building and delivering implementation support. We seek an experienced and highly organised Logistics/Warehouse Manager to join our team and play a crucial role in optimizing our supply chain and warehouse operations.
- Oversee day-to-day warehouse operations, ensuring efficiency and accuracy in inventory management.
- Implement and maintain best practices for warehouse processes, including receiving, storage, and order fulfillment.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure seamless collaboration and communication in the supply chain.
- Inventory Control:
- Develop and implement inventory management strategies
- Conduct regular cycle counts and reconcile discrepancies to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Optimize warehouse space utilization and layout for maximum efficiency.
- Logistics and Distribution:
- Manage the transportation and logistics functions.
- Collaborate with suppliers, and off-takers and other stakeholders to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of goods.
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts with logistics providers to optimize costs and service levels.
- Team Leadership:
- Lead and motivate a team of warehouse staff, providing training, coaching, and performance feedback.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, promoting teamwork and a strong work ethic.
- Develop and implement staffing plans to meet operational requirements.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement solutions to enhance operational efficiency.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Implement and maintain safety protocols to ensure a safe working environment.
- Building and maintaining connections with transporters and logistics firms to handle the arrival, and distribution of products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience (5 years) in warehouse management, logistics, or a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of inventory management, distribution, and logistics processes.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Proficient in using warehouse management systems (WMS) and other relevant software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.Available to start immediately
- Ability to build strategy along with leadership skills
- Competence to create and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th Feb, 2024