Local Community Development Associate at UNDP Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: UNDP Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
• Support the implementation and results-based monitoring of the LoCAL’s field activities
• Provide programme support to subnational government counterparts and key stakeholders
• Administrative support to the implementation of project activities
• Support effective mainstreaming of gender equality and community participation
• Support facilitating knowledge sharing and communication
Support the implementation and results-based monitoring of the LoCAL’s field activities
• Support implementation of LoCAL activities in the field in line with AWP and support the preparation of periodic technical and financial reports on the implementation of LoCAL activities and undertake regular monitoring of the activities, including through field visits.
• Assist target LGs to understand the LoCAL’s objectives and effectively support them in the management, implementation and monitoring of performance-based climate resilience grants and activities/interventions/investments and propose improvements through reviewed work plans.
• Support the preparation and participate and contribute to the annual performance assessment of target LGs.
• Regular monitoring of the progress of target LGs in implementation of the LoCAL and its PBCRGs, in line with Design Document and applicable government’s regulations and procedures.
Provide programme support to subnational government counterparts and key stakeholders
• Under the guidance of the Technical Assistance support provided and through other deconcentrated and decentralized government institutions, support target LGs to collect and interpret climate-related data and information, to update their local climate risk assessments, and to mainstream climate change into local public planning and budgeting systems.
• Under the guidance of the Technical Specialist (Local Government Finance) and MLGDRD, support capacity building (“learning by doing”) and preparation of local government development and investment plans and budgets that foster inclusive and climate resilient local economies and communities.
Administrative support to the implementation of project activities
• Participate in planning and organization of trainings/events facilitating the wide representation and full participation of local and regional stakeholders by following UNCDF rules and regulations and ensuring gender equality.
• Assist in the organization of field visits, missions, conferences and other logistics arrangements.
• Support LGs to collect and compile narrative, expenditure reports and other related financial documents, as required.
• Arrange meetings and draft routine correspondence, minutes including preparing background materials for discussions and briefing sessions.
Support effective mainstreaming of gender equality and community participation
• Support LGs in ensuring gender equality and participation of communities throughout the PBCRG cycle, in particular during the local adaptation planning and cash for work selection processes.
• Ensure that all the data, when collecting and compiling inputs relating to programme, are gender disaggregated.
• Support facilitating knowledge sharing and communication
Support and facilitate consultation and exchange of information, synergies, learning and know-how
• At the local level, in particular in relation with partners and stakeholders involved with LoCAL expected results, especially activities 1.1. Strengthen capacities (“learning by doing”) of MMDAs in the preparation of climate risk informed, participatory and gender-sensitive local economic development planning and 1.2. Deliver green and resilient local infrastructure / investments (including those to be co-financed by the diaspora) under the oversight of MMDAs, through cash for work (benefitting the youth, women and returnees) and procurement to local SMEs.
• Support the knowledge and communication efforts of LoCAL in Ghana (i.e. LoCAL stories, news articles, photos, videos, social media presence, country webpage and web presence, as appropriate) with support and guidance from Lead LoCAL communication expert;
• Perform any other related duties as required by supervisor/ management or guided by the LoCAL Steering Committee and other key stakeholders.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Completion of High school education is required OR Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies or related discipline with knowledge on sustainability related fields, will be given due consideration. For some functions where academic qualifications are not required, these may be compensated by additional years of work experience
• Minimum 6 years (Highschool education) or 3 years (Bachelor’s degree) of continuous years of experience with local and community development, climate change and/or environment related issues, of which at least one (1) supporting local governments and/or communities.”
• Practical knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation;
• Practical knowledge and experience with performance based climate resilience grant systems, planning and budgeting processes, preferably with local government authorities and/or communities;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
• Practical experience with training and capacity building activities;
• Collaborative work approach and strong team work skills;
• Good negotiation and facilitation skills;
• Computer literacy (Word, Internet, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience with a UN organization/agency is desirable
• Fluency in local language (Akan) is required
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3rd October, 2022