Life Sciences Project Manager at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
COVID-19 did not only disrupt lives and livelihoods, but also exposed the deficiencies of national healthcare systems, the vulnerability of countries marginalised by the inequality in accessing vaccines and at the country level the absence of well-coordinated cross government response to the threats of the pandemic.
Lessons from these experiences have driven the leadership of Ghana to seek to accelerate the development of local vaccine manufacturing capabilities; through forging bilateral and multilateral partnerships to access funding, participate in clinical trials, tech transfer, licensing, and assignment of intellectual property rights and ultimately serve as the building blocks for the establishment of a pharmaceutical industry in Ghana.
In parallel, Ghana is participating in Real World Evidence (RWE) clinical trials to establish the effectiveness of Covid vaccines within the Ghanaian population as part of a multi country study. This study will also include the rollout of new technologies for rapid genomic sequencing and analysis of pathogens.
We are seeking a talented and dedicated individual to join our team in Ghana to provide project management coordination and strategic support to the Presidential Advisor on Health and other government counterparts for the effective delivery of these interdependent projects.
This is a one-year fixed term role with a potential to extend for a further year.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Project Management & Coordination: Working to the President’s Advisor on Health, serve as the focal point in Ghana for coordination of the Real World Evidence (RWE) research project bringing on board the various stakeholders to ensure a cohesive programme delivery. This will include effective identification and management of interdependencies, milestones, deliverables, issues, risks and ensuring successful project outcomes
• Execution and Monitoring: Be proactive, responsive, and flexible to requests for help especially identifying bottlenecks to delivery and providing government, partners and TBI with options to overcome them. Lead in provision of briefing reports, infographics and power point presentations including on occasions presenting findings and recommendations to government counterparts
• Focal point for genomic sequencing: Develop connections to design and implement the rollout of novel genomic sequencing technologies, in support of improved surveillance to guide better public health interventions against pathogens of concern. As part of this work to capture key laboratory and government requirements to ensure the continued fit of the sequencing technologies for user needs, and also to identify and capitalise on opportunities for interoperability and collaboration at national, regional, continent and global levels
• Government Relations: Build and maintain strong trusted relationships with key stakeholders involved with the government’s vaccine delivery and manufacturing task force, establishment of a Ghana CDC, including Ministers, Senior Advisors, Director General’s, and Directors of the Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Services Research Universities and the Food & Drugs Authority.
• People: Work with embedded TBI Advisors across government especially colleagues supporting the government’s health resilience effort, industrialisation, and digitalisation
• External Relations (non-governmental): Engage with relevant external stakeholders such as consultants, international development agencies, Government/Ministries, and agencies. This will include support development of partnerships, identifying, and mobilizing technical and financial resources for the project
• One TBI: The post holder will formally report into the Country Head Ghana with dotted line to the Deputy Global Director of Tech4Development, and form part of the wider country advisory project team which includes advisors supporting the government’s economic transformation, health resilience and tech for development
We are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, drive, resilience, a can-do attitude, and ability to consistently achieve results in a fast-paced environment. This is a role in a fast-paced team, working within complex policy areas that are highly scrutinised. Therefore, the successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
- At least 7 years’ experience in government, government advisory, management consulting or other organisational leadership
- Strong project management skills, experience in implementing international development programmes
- Relevant work experience in Ghana public and or pharmaceutical health is highly desirable.
- Evidence of strong relationship management, business acumen, going the extra mile and collaboration and organisational development
- A strategic mindset and experience in adaptive management, PDIA etc
- An ability to deliver results in complex and challenging environments
- An ability to operate and succeed in a highly political environment
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, networking, and communication skills, with an ability to develop and foster relationships with a wide range of senior stakeholders
- An ability to work independently, think strategically and translate strategies to concrete and implementable plans; an acute attention to detail with excellent organisational skills
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people.
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemakers: you’ll be focused on results
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th May. 2022