Library Assistant at Design & Technology Institute
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Design & Technology Institute
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
DEPARTMENT: Academics and Education
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Librarian
REPORTS INDIRECTLY TO: Academic and Educational Head, Head of Institute
JOB PURPOSE: To support Librarian by assisting them
The librarian assistant shall assist the Librarian with the following roles:
• General management of the library and supervising library patrons.
• Assist with daily tasks of the library such as issuing library materials, checking out/in library materials, collecting late charges, and determining outstanding materials.
• Carry out classification and cataloguing of resources using the Library Management System.
• Assist learners to identify, locate and access the information they require
• Examine books for damage; repair or facilitate repairs when necessary.
• Perform appraisal and “weeding” of library materials at assigned periods
• Create an environment that is conducive for active and participatory learning using resource-based instructional practices.
• Oversee the management of the library in the absence of the Librarian
• Perform any other duties assigned from time to time
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor of Arts/Education in Information Studies/Librarianship with two years’ experience in a similar role.
• Must have completed National Service
• Skills in IT will be an added advantage
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Working knowledge of the Library of Congress Classification Scheme
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Working knowledge of office equipment and accurate keyboarding skills necessary to manage clerical and cataloguing duties.
Method of ApplicationAll CV’s and applications letters are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
All applicants should clearly state the role they are applying for in the subject of the email and application letter.
Closing Date: 26 August, 2022