Librarian at Koforidua Technical University (KTU)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Koforidua Technical University (KTU)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Governing Council of Koforidua Technical University (KTU) announces for the information of interested candidates, vacancies for the positions of Vice-Chancellor, Registrar, Director of Finance and Librarian, and invites applications from qualified and competent persons for the positions which become vacant on 1st October, 2023.
Koforidua Technical University was established by an Act of Parliament, Act 922 (2016) and amended by Act 974 (2018). The vision of the University is to be providers of standard science and technology education, a center of excellence in applied research and a reference point for solutions to community problems; the mission of the University is to provide tertiary level technical education through the development of career-focused skills in collaboration with industry; and the core values of the University are innovation, integrity and impact.
The University currently has a total student population of 8,500 students and a total staff population of 651.
THE POSITION/FUNCTIONS OF THE LIBRARIAN
The Librarian is the head of the University Library. The Librarian shall be responsible for the provision of adequate and current information resources to support teaching, learning and research of the University. The Librarian is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor in the management of the Library Department. All other functions of the Librarian are as prescribed by the Statutes of the University.
Qualification Required & Experience
A person seeking appointment as Librarian of the University must:
• Possess a postgraduate research degree (MPhil) in Library or Information Science related studies. A PhD in Library or Information Science will be an advantage
• Have at least ten (10) years post qualification working experience not below the rank of a Deputy Librarian or analogous position in a tertiary institution or relevant public service organisation
• Be conversant with library software or library records management software which is consistent with the University’s vision and mission
• Have a minimum of fifteen (15) cumulative publications
• Have proven capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff
• Exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organisational skills
• Be able to ensure that adequate library and information resources are available to meet the needs of faculty and students within assigned budget
• Be able to effectively communicate with students, staff and external agencies
• Be able to ensure equitable access to information resources, services, facilities and systems in physical or virtual environments
• Be able to serve a full four (4) year term before attaining the compulsory retiring age of sixty (60) years
• Must be a member of Ghana Library Association or any other Library Association.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
• The appointment, which is full time, shall be for four (4) years in the first instance and may be renewed, subject to satisfactory performance, for only another term of four (4 years).
• The salary and Conditions of Service attached to this position are very attractive and comparable to those in analogous Universities in Ghana.
How To Apply For The Job
Suitably qualified candidates are requested to submit a sealed application letter together with the following:
• Six (6) copies of Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees who can attest to the qualities of the candidate. The applicant should ensure that the referee reports get to the Chairman by 21st August, 2023.
• A short statement of not more than 1200 words (Times New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation
The application should be forwarded under registered cover marked “Application for Librarian of Koforidua Technical University.”
The marked applications for each of the positions should reach any of the following addresses in both hard and soft copies not later than Monday, 21st August, 2023.
Search Committee for:
Director of Finance
C/o Head, Human Resources
Koforidua Technical University (KTU)
PO Box KF 981
Soft copies must be forwarded to
Closing Date: 21 August, 2023