Legal Officer at KPMG Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: KPMG Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• The role holder will provide assistance to minimize and mitigate legal risk, provide legal advice and services to the various departments and the organisation as a whole, ensure corporate governance, compliance, manage the organisation’s contractual arrangements regarding drafting, legality, structuring, and that all practices, policies and business activities are in accordance with the laws of Ghana.
• Assist in the preparation of agreements, legal documents and other documents in relation to the organisation’s business
• Liaise with the relevant regulatory bodies and assist companies that seek to operate in the organisation to acquire relevant licences and permits for their business.
• Review for compliance purposes, relevant legal documents on oil and gas transactions across upstream and downstream activities by companies that develop and operate within the organisation.
• Provide advice and legal opinion on all types of agreements with respect to joint ventures, joint venture partners, agents and contractors that will deal with the organisation and ensure compliance with the law.
• Assist the Manager to negotiate, draft and implement legal agreements
• Provide legal support to organisation’s projects
• Assist the incorporation in documenting related company policies into contracts
• Monitor legal and regulatory landscape and report on laws, regulations, guidelines that can affect the activities of the organisation – provide guidance in legislative aspects.
• Assist in managing legal risks in accordance with the organisation’s objectives
• Assist in providing legal opinions on various legal issues and legal advice on transactions
• Research applicable laws and providing recommendations on the legal consequences of business initiatives, decisions and highlighting attendant risks.
• Monitor and make input into litigation strategy and approach of external solicitors on all ongoing litigation and dispute resolution matters.
• Follow up on reports with external solicitors on all on-going litigation and dispute resolution matters.
Skills & Competency Requirements
• Experience in a local firm which must include exposure and participation in: Negotiations and drafting of reasonably complex commercial transactions.
• Litigation Experience an advantage
• In-depth knowledge of Commercial Law
• Good interpersonal skills
• Deep knowledge of corporate and regulatory rules and norms
• Good knowledge of oil and gas industry regulations
• Strong written and oral communication and analytical skills
• Exhibiting sound practical judgment and business understanding
• Discretion when handling confidential information
• Ability to set priorities and work effectively to meet deadlines
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of 6 years progressive / relevant experience with 3 years at a supervisory level
• Degree in Law with qualifying certificate in law (QCL)
• Post-Graduate Qualification in Commercial Law and International Commercial Law is an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly send your application with a detailed CV with the subject line “Legal Officer” to:
Closing Date: 18 November, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted