Legal & Compliance Coordinator at Mastercard Foundation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are a self-motivated, experienced legal and compliance administrative professional, ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
THE LEGAL & COMPLIANCE TEAM
The mandate of the Legal & Compliance Team is to offer advice and support to the various functions across the Foundation on all legal and compliance matters to advance its mission, its strategic objectives, and uphold its brand and reputation. Team members are located across multiple Foundation offices (Africa-based and in Canada).
The Legal & Compliance Coordinator is a key partner to enable effective and efficient operations of our in-house Legal & Compliance team, with a focus to supporting colleagues based in our offices in Africa.
Reporting to the Lead, Legal & Compliance Operations, this individual will undertake a variety of supportive work and responsibilities, including file maintenance, administrative and clerical support, calendar coordination, and supporting the delivery of work by the Legal & Compliance Team members based in Africa. This position will have frequent interactions with Foundation colleagues in all Foundation offices (Africa-based and in Toronto, Canada).
This individual is self-motivated, proactive, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that spans multiple time zones and possesses the ability to manage competing priorities. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and a high-level of integrity and professionalism.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Provide clerical, administrative, calendar, and travel arrangement support to all Africa-based Legal & Compliance staff across various time zones.
- Undertake file management and housekeeping procedures to ensure filing is constantly up-to-date.
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential matters relating to the daily activity of the department.
- Obtain required signatures and necessary clearances to process formal and official documentation, adhering to protocols and procedures.
- Support the development and delivery of systems and processes that enable efficient and effective management of all communications, record-keeping and filing systems.
- Coordinate and consolidate information to meet deadlines.
- Manage large volumes of files (electronic and paper).
- Build and maintain relationships with both staff and external stakeholders.
- Maintain familiarity with files and key contacts, including listing of global legal contacts.
- Liaise with external legal counsel and/or other Foundation staff on documentation and various issues, including administrative or confidential matters.
- Maintain and update internal policies and legal documentation.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of special projects and continuous improvement.
- Support logistical planning, coordination and execution of events, training sessions and workshops.
- Input and process invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- Completion of a University degree.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a legal or administrative assistant or similar role.
- Previous experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department, required.
- Previous experience working with cross-jurisdictional Pan-African law firms, and/or in-house counsels of multi-lateral organizations with registered entities in multiple African jurisdictions, preferred.
- Comfortable taking instructions, following through on assignments, and managing ongoing tasks.
- Ability to proactively support more than one (1) professional and to undertake additional responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and promptly under pressure and remain calm during high volume periods or to meet tight timelines.
- Excellent planning, organization, prioritization, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Enjoys working collaboratively and creatively to co-create and problem-solve with peers across the Foundation.
- Ability to extract, highlight, and prioritize key issues that require immediate attention from meetings, email or phone correspondences, documents, and other types of interactions.
- Must be a self-motivated team player, who can also work independently with little direction or supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties while navigating changing priorities.
- Willingness to take on adhoc responsibilities other than duties directly related to this position, whenever needed.
- Good judgement and strong attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Outlook, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Possess strong communication skills in English; written and spoken, with the ability to articulate information to and work with a variety of stakeholders across cultures.
- French language and/or local language skills are an asset
- Possess professional maturity and demeanour, sensitivity with different cultures and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th Sept. 2021